Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was restringing my S1625 yesterday, and everything was going fine until I got to the B string.. I loosened the string, then loosened the "block" that holds the string in at the bridge.. but the block didn't come loose, no matter how much I loosened the screw. So I inspected, and I noticed that the string had somehow gotten wedged into the side of the block (even though it's more of a t-shaped thing than a block on ZRs), which immobilized the block. I tried a bunch of tools to try to yank it out, but all that accomplished was severing the exposed string from the part lodged in the block so that I can't do anything now. I hope I explained that clearly enough, I wish I had a camera so I could get some visuals for you. Has this happened to anyone before? If so, how do I fix it (short of buying a whole new saddle, which will set me back 30(!) bucks)? My band is playing a huge show Saturday and I'd like to be able to use this guitar... so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You might try backing the locking screw all the way out and see if you can pull the lock block itself out. If the block won't come out you may be able to move and nudge it around enough to work the string piece loose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just experienced the same problem ttiwguitar had.

I have an Ibanez s5470 Precision with a ZR2 bridge and the G string was wedged in the bridge saddle against the "T" block. I tried jeweler's screwdrivers, etc. to no avail.

Then, I read Chroma's advice, removed the screw completely, then the "T" block snapped back and the string popped out immediately.

It worked great.

- s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.