Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard, I’m feeling th need for some thing more tele-ish these days so would love to hear more about the new AZS!
Well it is definately tele ISH. it has a belly carve and an arm carve which were must haves for me.
SS frets are high on my list as well. These SD pickups are unreal. The mini bucker especially. Just wow. Fit finish the quality is just blowing my mind. It plays so well I think it makes me faster and more accurate.
Crazy. Glad I stumbled across this.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Way to go, you've got many sonic palettes/styles covered with those two.

You might be the first on here to post that they have an AZS. I think this model has one ingredient some T players wish traditional ones come with as an option, but are afraid to say so for fear of ostracism from the T church - a trem :devilish: (yes, some of the 70s Deluxes did, and they were reviled, ha).

I also like the tones you get out of a regular T but playability stuff on many like the sidewalls of the traditional bridge plate, three (non-compensated) saddles, switch too close to volume knob in bridge position I'm less excited about. Something that is '-ish' is totally fine, imo. A mini hum in the neck seems generally underrated.

The 565 is classic Ibanez, speaks for itself. We've had a thread going about the new colours it comes in for the current run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes a traditionalist I am not. Can I appreciate the standard? Yes. Do I want innovation? Yes. I want to take whats good about the old and incorporate the great about whats new. I tried the strat type one as well but the tele style came home with me. Why limit yourself?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Nice! I saw the 565 in your guitar room picture in another thread... Nice looking AZ too. I have been wanting to get some better clean sounds than I get with my "metal" guitars. A lot of the great crisp clean AOR tones from back in the day seem to come from Tele style guitars. How useable is the non-locking tremolo on the AZ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its more flutter than divebomb like most non locking trems. I like that it lies flat against the body so I can deck the trem.
Im really not much of a trem user. I prefer hardtails but so many guitars I like have tremelo that I have learned to use and maintain them.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I prefer hardtails but so many guitars I like have tremelo that I have learned to use and maintain them.
Same here... Mostly use full floaters for wide tremolo and an occasional courtesy dive (tuning stability is a plus). I have a couple of guitars with nonlocking tremolos though and they get treated like a hardtail. I was just curious about the newer Ibanez non-locker... The AZ necks have me very intrigued!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Same here... Mostly use full floaters for wide tremolo and an occasional courtesy dive (tuning stability is a plus). I have a couple of guitars with nonlocking tremolos though and they get treated like a hardtail. I was just curious about the newer Ibanez non-locker... The AZ necks have me very intrigued!
I went the cheap route on my AZ….
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory

$299.00. It has the same switching system, sounds and plays great. But it’s got me thinking I should buy a “real” one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts