Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using solid silver wiring? Where can I get it?

I had a friend once who rewired with solid silver wire and it improved his tone.

The reasoning behind using silver wire is that your guitar outputs only ~.25 volts from your pickup, it's best to conserve, and when the higher frequencies are on the outer part of the wire, then they can get lost if the wire frays slightly.

People use solid silver wire guitar cables, too. Audiophile stuff.

I wanna buy silver wire and I can't find it anymore.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes solid silver wire is fantastic. It's almost mandatory for building hot rod guitars which I do as a hobby for myself, not for any biz.

I'll tell 'ya where to get some but first I got an issue. I'm cruisin' this forum looking for posts with zero or few answers. Then if by chance I can be of assistance to anyone, they might say, golly gee, that Jemsite's a good place, why don't me & my friends hang out there? But I believe, but am not positive if I post a website link it might get erased? That's wasting my time, the moderator's and yours in the first place.

That said, here's the scoop. Jay Monterose at a company called Vintique not only builds custom made guitars and sells the wire. All the best to you on a first class forum, here?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts