Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a couple new demos, just some work-in-progress things that I've been working on over the last few days.

The first one, "Isolation", I started a few days ago with the piano part, and added the droning, EBow guitars today.

The second one, "Demo18", started with me just riffing away on my 7-string, then I doubled it, doubled it again, then added the clean part, the drums, and the little synth bit. This one will change a lot, changing the synth part will be the biggest thing, what's there now is a place-holder basically. And I might re-do some of the guitar parts to tighten it up, since it's pretty sloppy in places. I basically just did this for fun, to see if I could throw together some of my musical ADD into one song :lol:

Both of the titles will probably change when I work on them more. Just thought I'd share in case anyone had any comments, or whatever.

http://www.myspace.com/eleven59

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shredmaster said:
very relaxing. i liked the piano melody and arrangement. well done. guitars feeding back in the background are a nice touch. i thought it would be overkill after awhile but it really wasn't.
Thanks :D The droning guitars are my Strat on the neck/middle setting with the EBow, using a clean tone with a slight chorus and lots of reverb. Basically using a Nine Inch Nails trick through a Sigur Ros inspired tone :lol: I did 6 tracks of the droning guitars, all continuous from the beginning to end, and all improv-ed on the spot. Literally did one track for each string. The interesting part was that I wasn't really listening to the other tracks as I did each one, just the piano, and yet they start to overlap in places and make it hard to tell exactly how many tracks there are in there :lol: Two of them are just single note drones on a low-A and a high-A that aren't really audible in the mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.