Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This still haven't been posted here, so here I go:

and

FM-408 might be priced quite low, I hope Ibanez has an answer to that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, guys at sevenstring.org measured the scale lenght on the FM-408 (using EMG pickup width and proportion calculations) and its only 25.5. :(

What a bummer :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hope Ibanez will have an answer to the probably low-priced fm-408 since the Ibanez 8-string is quite expensive. I know that an 8-string never would be my prefered instrument so I hope for a less expensive Ibanez 8-string model.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I'm holding out for 9 strings :lol:

Only kidding ;) I think it's awesome there are more choices for quality 8's. I'd rather see these kind of advances over advances in finishes, though hopefully the LTD version at least will come in more than black.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Damn, guys at sevenstring.org measured the scale lenght on the FM-408 (using EMG pickup width and proportion calculations) and its only 25.5. :(

There's just no way...

Seriously. If they actually did that, that is one of the dumbest moves I've seen by a guitar company...

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
The Ibanez 2228 neck is silly easy to play if you're used to a 7. It's a monster to hold in your hands, but it's also thin and surprisingly manageable to play. I think a natural stained top of almost any wood and color combo would be a decent seller on that F-408 though.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I agree with Nuno, it's not a bad price at all. I would expect to pay around that much if I wanted a well made 8-string.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I really like the 8 in-line tuning machines.
Are these bolt-on or neck through?

I wonder how much they ('ll) cost.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with Nuno, it's not a bad price at all. I would expect to pay around that much if I wanted a well made 8-string.
IMHO it is good price for a simple custom made guitar, but not for a mass production one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really like the 8 in-line tuning machines.
Are these bolt-on or neck through?

I wonder how much they ('ll) cost.
Rumored pricing is ~$1000 for FM408 and ~$1130 for SC608B.

People talk that SC's will be neck-thru.

Boy, am I waiting for NAMM :D

·
Banned
96 Posts

Actually, ESP confirmed that the scale length is 27".

And the ESP SC8 is my current dream guitar... :)

How much are the ESP SC7s?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts