Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!
I'm thinking of buying the jem70v and i have some questions since i won't have the chance to try it sadly couldn't find it in Greece.What problems the guitar might have when i get it?What do you think of it?And lastly,is 980 euros a good price for this one?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Well judging from numerous posts on this site the 70v suffers from inconsistency. Some say theirs are great and others say they are not so great. It seems like a guitar you would really want to be able to play before you buy it to make sure you're not getting one of the duds. Either way you'll probably need to do some setup work, or pay a tech to get it up to its true potential.... Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
To be honest I think so,e people want to find fault with it cause is not Japanese. So before they even lay their hands on it they have talked themselves into it being inferior already. My advice is get one, play it.... If you really dont like it, sell it......but i think if you go into it with an open mind you might be pleasantly surprised......

·
Registered
324 Posts
when i first bought it,i find that the guitar is as good as prestige models..worth the money...even some japanese made JEM nowadays has inconsistency in their factory set up and built quality...unlike the older JEM...to me ibanez prstige,JEM or premium are almost the same standard now....maybe japan made cost more due to currency and production cost...maybe abit better quality hit and miss type....only J custom is the best quality for today ibanez and very consistent...jcustom quality check is more strict before it leave the factory and material use for the guitar is very good..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well judging from numerous posts on this site the 70v suffers from inconsistency. Some say theirs are great and others say they are not so great. It seems like a guitar you would really want to be able to play before you buy it to make sure you're not getting one of the duds. Either way you'll probably need to do some setup work, or pay a tech to get it up to its true potential.... Good luck man!
Thanks for the answer.I can understand what you are saying good thing is i know where to go if i want to find a tech.Also the guys on thomann are setting up the guitars before sending them.I would love to try one but the official ibanez dealer doesn't have any premiums for some reason...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be honest I think so,e people want to find fault with it cause is not Japanese. So before they even lay their hands on it they have talked themselves into it being inferior already. My advice is get one, play it.... If you really dont like it, sell it......but i think if you go into it with an open mind you might be pleasantly surprised......
Thanks for answer.I watched a lot of videos on youtube for this guitar and there were guys saying that it's a "real" one and stuff like that i can't really understand...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i first bought it,i find that the guitar is as good as prestige models..worth the money...even some japanese made JEM nowadays has inconsistency in their factory set up and built quality...unlike the older JEM...to me ibanez prstige,JEM or premium are almost the same standard now....maybe japan made cost more due to currency and production cost...maybe abit better quality hit and miss type....only J custom is the best quality for today ibanez and very consistent...jcustom quality check is more strict before it leave the factory and material use for the guitar is very good..
Thanks for the answer.I made up my mind i will go for it and see how it goes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got it and loved it but there was a lot of adjusing and fixing before it was working properly. I still have some small adjustments left but it is a very good instrument. Good tone in the body, comfortable neck, powerfull pickups, original Edge trem etc. Please let us know how you like it when you get it and what work you had to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts