1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I had one of those spacer pieces on a 2000s model RG350DX body I got a few years ago for a project. The guitar originally had a LoTRS II. Not sure what the piece is called either, or what the exact function was--posts stayed in the body just fine, and it surely isn't a spacer. I know it's not, and don't call me Shirley!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The function of that part is that:

Normally in soft woods, when you use a FR systen, the pressure on the posts is so big that creates "slots" in the direction of the nut, prejudicin the bridge tunning. With this little part, you distribute the pressure in a bigger area, avoyding these slots. I don't know if the whole part have a name, but would be great to discover it. It is helping a lot. Someone knows where i can buy it, used or new?

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
The function of that part is that:

Normally in soft woods, when you use a FR systen, the pressure on the posts is so big that creates "slots" in the direction of the nut, prejudicin the bridge tunning. With this little part, you distribute the pressure in a bigger area, avoyding these slots. I don't know if the whole part have a name, but would be great to discover it. It sis helping a lot. Someone knows where i can buy it, used or new?
I may have one floating around. I'll let you know when I get home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts