Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I am planning to buy an Eric johnson fender strat. I was wondering if there is any site or person like rich harris who sells fender stuff and sets it up for u ?
Also, I would like to hear some reviews of this guitar from users. I am still keeping an option of Standard Strat with S-S-H config and change the Humbuker later. kindly advice.

cheers !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,019 Posts
i've heard nothing but good things about the eric johnson strat, personally i think having a humbucker in the bridge may rob the guitar of some of it's tonal nuances, i think as far as pure balls out strat tone is concerned this is the axe to get, if you're looking to mod a strat i'd recomend just a regualar american strat and go nuts. This guitar is specifically tailored to sound like EJs old `54. We're talking holy grail here dude. You shouldn't need to do much to it out of the box other than tune that bad boy up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,342 Posts
From what i can see Rich puts more work than the average tech is capable of anyways. I mean jesus looks at his tutorials. they are the BEST ive ever seen and I live for this kind of stuff, so its just a testament to his work, and Ive never even bought anything from the guy. Maybe you could see if Rich would pickup a fender for you used and do the setup? Not sure how interested he is in doing something like this though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
From what i can see Rich puts more work than the average tech is capable of anyways. I mean jesus looks at his tutorials. they are the BEST ive ever seen and I live for this kind of stuff, so its just a testament to his work, and Ive never even bought anything from the guy. Maybe you could see if Rich would pickup a fender for you used and do the setup? Not sure how interested he is in doing something like this though
I don't think you're going to find a used EJ strat for quite some time, and Rich has said he doesn't have time to set up guitars that he did not sell. He is too busy.

Correct me if I'm wrong Rich, but that's the last I heard.

And yeah, that EJ strat is nice, but I sure do miss that Tom Delonge sig! Now that was a strat! :lol:

Where's the "I'm kidding, please don't beat me" emoticon?
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
26,381 Posts
>>Rich has said he doesn't have time to set up guitars that he did not sell. He is too busy.
>>Correct me if I'm wrong Rich, but that's the last I heard.

Not even if it was an Ibanez ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Rich said:
>>Rich has said he doesn't have time to set up guitars that he did not sell. He is too busy.
>>Correct me if I'm wrong Rich, but that's the last I heard.

Not even if it was an Ibanez ;)
So when are you opening a fenderrules.com subsidiary? :lol:
Or perhaps sticking to the japanese theme and doing a esprules.com or caparisonrules.com?

Actually, someone getting Caparisons in on a regular basis would be super cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,514 Posts
Jemwielder said:
i've heard nothing but good things about the eric johnson strat, personally i think having a humbucker in the bridge may rob the guitar of some of it's tonal nuances, i think as far as pure balls out strat tone is concerned this is the axe to get, if you're looking to mod a strat i'd recomend just a regualar american strat and go nuts. This guitar is specifically tailored to sound like EJs old `54. We're talking holy grail here dude. You shouldn't need to do much to it out of the box other than tune that bad boy up.
I heard this strat live last weekend and it sounds sweet. Then again, wouldn't he have sounded good even with "Virginia" or his ES-335?. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,200 Posts
Gotta say, I've got a soft spot for fenders, but I've been a bit underwhelmed by their offerings of late - call me jaded, but it takes more than a new vintage color to get me worked up. But, the EJ strat is the first Fender 've seen in a LONG time that's actually made me GAS a bit. With him, you KNOW it's gonna be a classic sounding strat - I'd love to try one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@flobanez: thnx dude, I am currently in india and will be returning back to US on Aug 25. I have convinced my parents to "invest" in me on my birthday. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my friend suggested to get a American strat and change the humbucker to seymour duncans. But I already have JEM FP, JPM, RG470 (now customized) and RG7620. i want to move away from humbuckers and fiddle with THAT fender tone. i would love to have locking tuners though.....i use JCM800 2203 reissue and 1960BV cab.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top