Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Suhr Modern 24 fret. it's amazing - has a D-Tuna installed as well from the factory. Outstanding craftsmanship and undoubtedly some of the best customer service out there! Specs are:

Jumbo Stainless Steel frets, Maple fingerboard, Emerald Green quilted maple top, Doug Aldrich humbuckers (bridge and neck), Gotoh Floyd Rose with EVH D-Tuna, chrome hardware, single volume knob....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I love the top on that guitar.
The maple neck looks great and stands out.
But I really like the one knob option.

Glad to see you got a new toy.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Their customer service is excellent, indeed. They're great. I think it's great that you can make special requests, like what you did with the D-tuna and the single volume knob. One can also get non-standard nuts etc. It's great. That guitar of yours, certainly rocks. I see it also has a binding which looks cool. :)

How long did you have to wait before you received your guitar after having ordered it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, nice!! Is that recessed with a recessed D-tuna route?
Thanks to all of you for your compliments. The guitar is just frighteningly cool. It does have a D-Tuna with a recessed Gotoh Floyd. I have a Tremol-no in the back so I just lock it when I do anything in Drop-D. It's a pretty amazing piece of gear and it plays almost "too good" :)

...if that's possible!

Thanks again, everyone! Glad to be part of a prestigious club!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you don't have a wooden top on the body you can have a matching headstock, though. :)
I was just looking at the specs and you're right - but, I still love the top. I'll take a black headstock over anything else for a top that looks like that!

Thanks again to all of you for all the compliments.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, many people praise the quality of the wood Suhr uses. Here are Gurj's Suhrs. As you can see they've got awesome tops, as well. :)
Oh the humanity....! Man - those look nice!

Here's me praising my graphite guitars as well and look at these wonderful examples of fine wood!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts