Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melissa's Garden at the 3:12 mark his tone and the entry of the distorted guitar is just killer.. the build up to that point your just waiting for it.

Lotus feet the first time watching the vid from the netherlands did it to me as well..

Anyone else get chills or feel like there hair is standing on end when listening to music that inspires ya?

Maybe im weird LOL

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
In the Fire Garden Suite, During Angel Food, I get chills when the piano and acoustic build up to the distorted guitar, the coordination between the two instruments is amazing.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Funny how the the bro's mention Chill's in the music they listen to, one night I started to listen to all my fav song's backwards,

I found that most if not all the song's that had vocals on the tracks had somthing to do with evil or satan on them, & what freaked me out more was this CD that was for kids that had (Merry had a little lamb) on it- my dads girlfriends kid had left it behind so i tryed it out backwards just to see,- man that was the evilist CD out of all the CD's that i had tryed this with that night!

I have stopped doing this because of what that CD said & NO i'm not gona say what it said here bro's, theres more to vocals in music than i realised & some of it will freak you right out of your mind if you hear it backwards!,- disbeleave me?- then give it a try- don't say i didn't warn you!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Tony Macalpine's Eccentrist, Time Table, Seville, Futurism and Plastic People off Evolution and all of Chromaticity.
He is brilliant and can play some serious keyboards and guitar, I love his compositions and melodies and most of all his phrasing.

Joe Satriani's Lords Of Karma, Flying In A Blue Dream, Secret Prayer, Until We Say Goodbye and most of his stuff actually...lol.
Satch is the most influental guitarist for me because I have been listening to him the longest. He's probably my favorite guitarist. 8)

Eric Johnson's Trademark, Venus Isle, Manhattan, Pavilion, Rain and just about every melody and song he has written.
I explored EJ later on. Venus Isle is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Stevie Ray Vaughan's version of Little Wing.

Vai's Tender Surrender, Frank, Windows To The Soul and more that I should list...I could go on.....

I can think more and more but I'll stop here for now......

·
Registered
881 Posts
GREG HOWE - his improv over "giant steps", the song "run with it", and everything that he does. there is no one else that can let rip AND groove in the manner that he does. unbelievable. and a lot of people haven't even heard his music. it's a shame.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Metheny's Last Train Home and Dream of the Return. on Last Train Home, the melody of the vocals is just captivating. And on Dream of the Return, Pedro Aznar's vocals after the guitar/piano/pipe solo gives me the chills every time. :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The intro to Flying In A Blue Dream gives me goosebumps, love it.
Others would include:
Fade to Black - Metallica
FLOG - Vai
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Nutshell - Alice In Chains
Don't Follow - Alice In Chains

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
It's been a while since a guitar song did this. Back then it was
Eruption
Burning Heart - Vandenberg
Cliffs of Dover
"The Hellion", the end of "the Sentinel", and other multi-layered Judas Priest tracks
A whole mess of Queen stuff

Nowadays it's usually emotive, quirky vocals like Kate Bush's "This Woman's Work" or Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek"

·
Registered
85 Posts
The song most recently that gives me the "chills" and evokes deep feelings in me is "The Boston Rain Song" by Steve Vai. For along time I would play it over and over in my car as the first thing I would hear on my way to work. And then it would be in my head all day. And I love what Steve wrote in the liner notes about how it started out as a Jam at a soundcheck and the band just went for it.
PS. The friend of mine who is probably reading this thread really needs to get that CD back to me! TUGGEY

·
Registered
257 Posts
I really like the John and Theresa solo spot/Through Her Eyes from DT's Live Scenes. I first listened to it in the car and felt like pulling over so I could give it my full attention.

I've also got to agree with various layered guitar Judas Priest songs.

Queen's The Show Must Go On.

Deep Purple's Wasted Sunsets

Robin Trower's Bridge of Sighs and In This Place

Fleetwood Mac's Green Manalishi.

Virgin Steele's Lion in Winter, Burning of Rome, and Perfect Mansions. Prometheus the Fallen One and Child of Desolation. The first three really capture an epic sadness, full of atmosphere.

Fear Factory's Timelessness

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.