Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played a couple of PRS's through a Bad Cat "Hot Cat 30" this weekend. What an amp. Great tones - high fidelity - is the best way that I can describe it. Incredible cleans nice overdrive and singing sustain - some nice crunch, too. My favorite PRS was a 20th anniversary Custom 22. It sounded great through a Mesa Boogie triple recto, as well.

Anyone have about $5500 I can borrow?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JJEMMER777 - I knew that someone would come back at me with that! I have now finished my residency and am faced with $132,000 in student loans, also with 8 years (while in college and med school) of lost income. They paid me about 40K yearly for three years of residency.

I'll accept cash, checks, change, food stamps...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The Hot Cat 30 is a SWEET amp. I've actually considered trading my Matchless in for one, but just can't bring myself to do it. Certainly on my "must have eventually" list though :)

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
vaijem777 said:
The Hot Cat 30 is a SWEET amp. I've actually considered trading my Matchless in for one, but just can't bring myself to do it. Certainly on my "must have eventually" list though :)
Funny, a Matchless amp is on my "mus have eventually" list :lol: I already use the Matchless model on my Flextone II for most of my lead stuff.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
The Hot Cat 30 is based on the Matchless Chieftain - it's just got a few extra goodies (gain stages, etc.) Mark Sampson helped Bad Cat get started - Rick Perotta is still in charge of the production part of the company. Basically, Bad Cat is as much of a Matchless spin-off as you can get :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's funny... I was using the Matchless model on my GT-8 for alot of my leads as well. I don't see a "Bad Cat" model. The store also had an Alessandro Blue Tick - gonna have to go back and try that one as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts