Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy folks!

As some of you might already know I own a couple JS's (1 900, 3 1000's, 1 90 HAM and a JS 10Th).

My good friend Haipong came to our home town (where I still live) with is "new" JS Black Dog. I have it here with me along with my other guitars and the damn thing sounds amazing!!!

For some some reason it has more sustain, more feedback abilities and a much more rich and wide throaty sound from it's pickups than all my guitars. (It almost feels it has an invisible sustaniac on her :lol:)

My guess is that it is one of those bitches with a special mojo... or could be it's pickups being relativity new ( 2008 ). "my newest" guitar is from 2002 and I probably have "tired" PU's on all of them.

Can you guys share your thoughts about this? Do Black Dog owners felt the same regarding other JS guitars? I mean, this is really a huge thing, not something you would feel like on a placebo effect situation.

Cheers,
AK

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
It could be but your likely in the "new girlfriend/honeymoon" phase of getting guitars. Keep it around for a month or so and if you still feel the same way then yes it could be "one of those" guitars.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be but your likely in the "new girlfriend/honeymoon" phase of getting guitars. Keep it around for a month or so and if you still feel the same way then yes it could be "one of those" guitars.
I will keep it for 15 days (not bad)! And forget "new girlfriend/honeymoon"cuz it's definitely not the case :p... Although I perfectly understand what your saying...

For how long do you guys keep your pickups/electronics? Or if you ever change them in the first place?

Regards,
AK

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess there's not many JSBD owners using JEM Site at the moment... :lol:

I would love to have general feedback of the instrument to really now if they all stand aside from the general high end JS line or if it's just this particular one. :?:

Regards,
AK

·
Super Moderator
7,322 Posts
The black dogs are Sugi custom shop guitars, they're basically amongst Japan's elite custom shops.

I've not played a black dog but I've played other Sugis and they have all been sensational guitars :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The black dogs are Sugi custom shop guitars, they're basically amongst Japan's elite custom shops.

I've not played a black dog but I've played other Sugis and they have all been sensational guitars :smile:
Thanks for the info.

I answered your email.

Again, it's the American Basswood body.
You have send it to Haipong not me. We are both Portuguese but different people... Besides he has a JSBD and I don't! :roll:

Stop talking about the Black Dogs!! Your making me REALLY want one even more!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: As a player.
What are you waiting for? If they all sound like Haipong's one you won't regret.

Regards,
AK

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My guess is that it is one of those bitches with a special mojo... or could be it's pickups being relativity new ( 2008 ). "my newest" guitar is from 2002 and I probably have "tired" PU's on all of them.
Tell me more about these tired pickups.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell me more about these tired pickups.
Only seen this today! :?

I will describe this with a loss of tonal amplitude, special PAF Pro and slight dicrease of output. The overall tone/sound becomes more hot and more "closed" (not as wider as they used to be).

These are subtle changes... and I guess it could be my ears or some sort of a placebo effect. :roll:

Regards,
AK

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I'm changing Pup's on my 900... Brand new Paf Joe and Moe Joe on the way. Regarding strings, I have tried a lot of brands and I am quite happy with the ones I use thank you...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts