Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an MT-2 from a friend to try out a mod that a local pedal builder developed. Right before it was tweaked I did get to try out the "raw" sound of the Metal Zone, which a lot of players dislike.

IMO, through a good tube amplifier the normally harsh frequencies of the pedal are somewhat attenuated making it at the very least useable.

The only major shortcoming of the pedal for me is the "SAG" at the very beginning of each single note I play, and something I hope can be done away with.

To the pedal modders and tinkerers, do you have any knowledge on how I could somehow eliminate this issue short of boosting the front end of the pedal with an OD? So far this is the only way I could get rid of the sagging, but the thing is I have other plans for the OD, and being in front of the MT-2 isn't one of them. Hope you can help

·
Registered
9,320 Posts
What diodes are you using for clipping? Try replacing the two stock ones with 1N4001s or 1N4004s, see if that helps.

And as AlaskaBat said, check out my blog, I've got a pretty sweet mod I've been really happy with. Part two of the MT-2 mods is my final result. Nice quiet operation with heaps of amp like gain, sharp attack, etc. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts