Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had similar problems and had a solution for this.

I recently bought a PIA and it feels great and sounds great, my only issue is that I have the claw screwed all the way in just for 9 gauge strings and after changing the strings (still 9 gauge) the 3 springs aren't enough to level the tremolo. I bought heavy springs from FU tone which level the trem if I put them in a triangle pattern with the claw screwed pretty far in.

I'm wondering if there is some issue with my guitar or the trem? My Jem is fine using the same strings and it is using regular gauge FU-tone springs in a parallel pattern.

Any help? Thanks

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Rich, I assume you mean the bar across the springs? I can loosen that, maybe that's my issue. If you meant a tremsetter like a backstop or arming adjuster, I don't have one installed.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Sorry, was thinking 30th for some reason.
You have them screwed all the way in until the claw touches the wood? or until the threads ran out on the screws and you're in the unthreaded shaft? If the later, then you've got a long way left to screw. Pull out the junk springs and put the originals back in.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it’s until I ran out of threads, it’s already pretty tight to screw in so I didn’t want to force anything once it hit the unthreaded part. But next string change I guess I can experiment with the old springs and seeing if I can get the claw further in.

Thanks Rich, I appreciate it!

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
It's not mahogany or i'd have you pull them and drill further. They'll screw in all the way but use the right size head and lots of pressure or you'll bugger up the screw heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts