Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well these are pretty wild. The graphics look pretty picture perfect and apparently are the result of some "computer graphics painting" thing they are doing at Fernandez. I think the list is around $1100 on them and will be released in May before the new Star Wars episode 2 movie comes out.

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Star Wars guitars

darren wilson on 1:03 pm on Mar. 5, 2002
$1100 for what looks like a low-end Revolver with a crappy, generic non-locking trem?

That's some expensive paint.
The Fernandez model is actually the "Retrorocket" The collector (which is who this i designed for) will probably never play the guitar anyways and just hang it on the wall. So all they are interested in is the paint!! ;) lol

Per the article:

"Using the classic Alder body/Maple neck and fretboard platform, complemented by our Fernandes "Vintage Elite" pickups (S/S/H), the STAR WARS Retrorockets yield tone to complement their stunning looks.

The Fernandes Star Wars models are scheduled to hit music and specialty retail stores in April and May, putting their arrival in close proximity to the May 16th U.S release of the much-anticipated feature film Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. "

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Star Wars guitars

They apparntly are also making a "Nomad" version with some different paintjobs from Star Wars and have some accessories to offer (straps, knobs, and picks) as well.

The knobs look kinda cool! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Star Wars guitars

Wonder why they don't have Princess Leia knobs? Oh well- I like the knobs I have now anyway... Nikki :angel:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Star Wars guitars

I saw the top one in Walter Mak's shop in Hong Kong in January. He expressed concern at its fretboard, wondering if the STAR WARS logo would quickly rub off. Looked pretty cool, but I would feel silly wilth one of those on stage!

·
Ibanez endorsed
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Star Wars guitars

:biggrin: Yeah it WOULD be appropriate to have Princess Laya's knobs...... wait I mean Princess Laya knobs for the guitar as well!! lol :angel:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Star Wars guitars

It's already been on sale for a few months here. Saw the Darth Vader one in person. Just a little to gimmicky for my taste.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Star Wars guitars

hee hee...knobs...

Anyways. I think they look very hokey, and completely unplayable. But admit it, if they were JEMs or JSs, you'd all buy one. :biggrin: I'm still waiting until ESP releases the Kirk Hammett "Mummy" guitar. Have you seen that thing? NICE! He's got two now, ones red, with a slightly different graphic, and blinking LEDs for eyes. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Star Wars guitars

1. $20 that says Jono's searching for one RIGHT NOW! :)
2. PERFECT guitar(s) for the guys in Grand Moff Tarkin!
3. My vote is also for the Stormtrooper one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Star Wars guitars

OH WOW!!! :love:

These things are fantastic. I want one right now.

I agree that they need a lightsabre guitar. That would be the ultimate.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Star Wars guitars

I just wish they hadn't put Star Wars all along the neck!! Some Imperial symbols for inlays would have been better. Also they have packs of the guitar picks you can buy that comes with a checklist so you can collect all 20!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts