Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here are some pics of a project I've got going on with LiveWire guitars. Its a 7620 thats being completely torn apart.

Here's what's been done so far

-Swirled
-New flamed maple fb
-DNA double helix inlay

I will be getting anodized red sperzels and possibly (probably haha) powder coating the trem red, because why not? :twisted:

Enjoy the pics:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Sebastian down in Fl, has nothing but great things to say about them!
I just received an E.T. Neck and blank body from Sebastian, Maybe I should have had him drop it off there first as he suggested.....

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have nothing but good things to say about LiveWire. Obviously I haven't received my guitar yet as its still being built but communication with Michael @ LiveWire has been really good. A lot better than some other luthiers I've spoken with. His pricing is great too, for a similar project with a local up here in Canada I probably would have payed another 500-600 on top of what im paying already, even factoring in shipping and whatnot. His swirls are also the available on this side of the pond IMO!

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
That looks killer!

He's doing the fretboard replacement for me on my Flame Guitar.
I'm also getting a DNA swirl done on one of my guitar bodies.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I was originally thinking of doing a black, red and either using neon green or neon pink as a third colour but ended up sticking with this because of the hardware choices.

Worth noting, there is actually a lot more sparkle in the black. That picture doesn't show it very well but maybe this does? (bad pic but oh well)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I do! I think i used to have one back in like..07 or 06 but I cant find it and lost the email it was probably registered to years ago.

I asked them to ban me on SSO for finals but instead i ended up posting here a ton lol :\

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Thanks man, you're on SSO too arent you? And thats a OOTS swirl in your avatar? :D
Sure thing mate. It´s an OOTS swirl in my avatar and yeah, i´m on a lot of boards but check jemsite still frequently. I got the DNA inlay with a maple board made around 2007/2008. Also a 7 string model.

And Brosa do you have any more pics of your swirl?

Cheers!

C
Here is an old one. I got a few new ones too, i´ll upload them soon.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts