Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
As soon as i saw the thread title all i could hear in my head was the intro to Wrathchild :mrgreen:

Shame about the football stickers though :razz:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gimme Gimme? haha that is sweet did you do that to an American P Bass or somrthing else? A full shot of the whole bass would be awesome! I wish i had money :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just revived this old thread for I'm waiting to receive my Fender Parts West Ham Steve Harris Precision bass, that will feature Leo Quann's BadAssII bridge and Seymour Duncan's '50s Antiquity split pickups, along with American Deluxe 21 fret maple neck and Gotoh modern winding tuners

Anyway this piece in the thread loos like an Olympic White Squier Vintage Modified Precision bass (it sports Duncan Designed split pickup while keeping a stock tinfoil bridge and apparently original strings) together with the maple fingerboard (the Olympic White - agathis bodied - one'd have it rosewood) off the other Vintage Modified version ("all maple" one) and mirror plastic pickguard off Squier Black & Chrome series Precision Special.

Anyway, a good job indeed...

I do like the overall quality of this version, even if I wish the very best for a model made out of not the very best body tonewood at all and onepiece maple neck, not off the most reliable ones. Another critic goes to pickup... ok for a bright one (which Duncan Designed undoubtedly are) but quality's not up there and they (Duncan Designed) would eventually work really bad with flatwounds strings, warmly suggested for triplets and Harris' trademark gallop parts

Cheers,
Wallace

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wallace, the bridge was changed out for a BassAss II bridge after the picture. It is a low end bass, but it was done for a kid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wallace, the bridge was changed out for a BassAss II bridge after the picture. It is a low end bass, but it was done for a kid.
Believe me, no offense intended, and critics... Yeah but just as a technical insight on an already satisfyin' job
I'm mostly a bass player, but what I learnt from guitar players is that it's always much easier to adopt pickups, bridges, hardware and accessories in general, to reach each own idol's tone, than to faithfully reproduce its artwork... That's why I appreciated your job, or of whom did it, and minded around particulars to upgrade

Just that...

Cheers,
Wallace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts