Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else still have any of these?

The poster was a promotional item that Ibanez offered around 1988-'89. IIRC, you had to mail off a few dollars for it. I had mine framed as soon as I got it and have managed to hang onto it all these years.

The May 1988 issue of Guitar World was only the second guitar magazine I ever purchased (the first being the '87-'88 Guitar World Guitar Buyer's Guide).

A different photo from the same shoot was used for the cover of the April 1989 issue of Guitar School magazine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Cool! I still have that Guitar School magazine too. Not sure what to do with the boxes of old 80's/90's guitar magazines, but I still drag one out every now and then.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool! I still have that Guitar School magazine too. Not sure what to do with the boxes of old 80's/90's guitar magazines, but I still drag one out every now and then.
I kept my old mags for many years, but eventually gave most away and only kept a few that were sentimental to me. I think the very next issue after the one with Vai on the cover had EVH. Wish I had hung on to that one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts