Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Yeah I had the whole dvd of the concert damn hard drive failed and lost it all..

For The Love of God intro is the best.. It should of been that way on the cd

Liberty was also very nicely done, as were a few others to say the least. I wish someday this would make it out to CD its exceptional.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Is it me or is that rendition of Lotus Feet really sloppy...its still good but I think he played it much better on the CD recorded one, and even when I saw him do it live..

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
hahah, no its not, the ending is all wrong, he does the slide sustain thing a lot longer in the vid, and Steve screws up at 1:25 and another blunder at 3:30, not to mention he's using the whammy bar a lot more in the vid as well, like at 3:25, which is a lick not on the CD....Don't forget too he did more than 1 show...

Its possible he edited it back in the studio though, he's known for doing that but I doubt it on this..

·
Registered
223 Posts
wait, is there a cd of him with the orchestra?
yes and no ...
I've got "steve vai with orchestra - live - the aching hunger 2004 by soy otro"
I found it ... well who cares

Here's the playlist :

01.Steve_Vai_-_Helios_And_Vesta.mp3
02.Steve_Vai_-_Liberty.mp3
03.Steve_Vai_-_Reflections.mp3
04.Steve_Vai_-_Theadolite.mp3
05.Steve_Vai_-_Frangelica.mp3
06.Steve_Vai_-_Answers.mp3
07.Steve_Vai_-_Gentle_Ways.mp3
08.Steve_Vai_-_Lotus_Feet.mp3
09.Steve_Vai_-_Is_It_Over_Yet.mp3
10.Steve_Vai_-_The_Murder.mp3
11.Steve_Vai_-_Ballerina_12-24.mp3
12.Steve_Vai_-_For_The_Love_Of_God.mp3
13.Steve_Vai_-_The_Attitude_Song.mp3

But I've never found the DVD :'(

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
well, its not suppose to be out yet, heres the quote from Steve:

So, projecting past the ZPZ tour I should be working on the Metropole CD's, I hope to have them for a release by the end of the year, but that may be a challenge. Just.. gotta.... get this... Urhgghg !!!! under my &#@^#%@[email protected]* FINGERS!
So I don't know how these got leached onto the internet. As far as the recording on the RI:R album, it is recorded live /w the orchestra. However, as I pointed out, I don't think the video and the CD are the same for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well, its not suppose to be out yet, heres the quote from Steve:

So I don't know how these got leached onto the internet. As far as the recording on the RI:R album, it is recorded live /w the orchestra. However, as I pointed out, I don't think the video and the CD are the same for obvious reasons.
I've seen the DVD and there's a constant NPS logo in the corner. So I presume someone recorded it off the TV and burnt it to DVD and uploaded it

·
Registered
943 Posts
Lotus feet from Real Illusions is from the 2004 performance. The video bootlegs you see are from the 2005 performance, which was partially broadcasted. Those are from the NPS (not that anyone gives a crap about copyright anymore), which is public broadcasting and responsible for some fine musical gigs with the metropole. Vai, Bozzio, Keneally did them amongst others.

I'd suggest waiting for the official release, as it will knock your socks off.
Although Steve plays on about half of the tracks (partly the classics with an orchestra, partly re-arranged stuff - the others are compositions that primered there) the stuff is mindblowing and shows Vai as a truely gifted contemporary composer in what has been the most amazing musical experience i've had the honor to witness. Great music, great guitar playing, and the best damn contemporary orchestra on this planet.

Since both the NPS and the Metropole orechstra are in danger due to government financial cuts ('let's not spend any money on culture and other intersting stuff'), it's especially disappointing to see their rights violated by having this stuff bootlegged and put online.

Jeroen

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah I wanted to buy the DVD and the CD really, like every Steve Vai's CD ... but couldnt find it anywhere ... so second option find it on the net .

But when the official release will be there I will jump on it !

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep, i'm lucky... i taped it (for my own enjoyment) when it was broadcasted here:)

Will get the official release though... it's amazing:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts