Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going tonight? Looking forward to it, i've never seen him play before besides dvd's, I hope he comes on a bit late as I wont be there for dead on 7pm, anyone know whose supporting??

(also have a spare ticket going cheap if anyones interested then reply and i'll give mobile number and i can give the ticket to you when i get there).

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just got back, bit of a hike from Nottingham, was a good gig, he started off with the 20th anniv acrylic guitar, then used the bad horsie jem, then rest of night besides accoustic set was FLO and EVO.

Did anyone else catch the gig? Steve was spot on, though at times was drowned out a bit by the drums and bass.

The Violins worked well, though it seemed like the guys Violin clashed with vai a bit. But that aside it was a really good show :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah youll love it, it was an excellent show, just been reading reviews on vai.com site, i got there for the back end of the support act so missed that, but other peoples reviews say he was a funny/whacky talented guy.

yeah the only bit i wasnt so keen on was when the bloke violinist used his electic flying V style violin, it just seemed to clash with vai when they were duelling together.

Dont get me wrong he was still fantastic, especially when the two violinists did their piece together, they both just oozed talent.

accoustic set was quite interesting, i was hoping he'd do sisters during that set, but alas nope, doh! again still a good set though

but the main tunes were played, ending with FTLOG ... of course! :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
I was there, it was my first true Vai gig. Saw him in the ZPZ tour and at LGS but this was a different thing altogether.

It was a truly awesome thing, his playing was inspirational. I want a carvin legacy now and i'm willing to sell anything to get one. The collection of musicians was great. The guy with the violin strapped to him at most times was excellent and the girl as well as been a great violinist was hot.

It was a real treat with a decent range of his songs, plenty of content and a decent length show.

Wasn't keen on the support, but when he accompanied the main show he did show his talent. I'm sure he is a really good act but just not my thing, he did the bond theme and that was quality though!

Where were at I was sat at J30?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was sat on L38 and 37 (ah leg room, 1 mate couldnt turn up)
so you were 2 rows in front?

And yup she was hot..made the decision awkward of do i watch vai's fingers or her ;)

Good to see Dave on guitar too as i recognise him from other shows that i've seen on dvd.

·
JEM Winner #1
834 Posts
I was sat on L38 and 37 (ah leg room, 1 mate couldnt turn up)
so you were 2 rows in front?

And yup she was hot..made the decision awkward of do i watch vai's fingers or her ;)

Good to see Dave on guitar too as i recognise him from other shows that i've seen on dvd.
Cool! You were just a few rows in front of me, i was in N39.

It was a great gig, got the backplate and truss rod cover of my Jem signed too :).

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ah nice reminder of the gig to have your guitar signed. If i ever had mine signed I too would go for the backplate to be done, i dont think i'd want the body to be signed.

I was hoping a pick would come flying my way, but alas ... nope lol

·
JEM Winner #1
834 Posts
ah nice reminder of the gig to have your guitar signed. If i ever had mine signed I too would go for the backplate to be done, i dont think i'd want the body to be signed.

I was hoping a pick would come flying my way, but alas ... nope lol
Yeah i always hope but ive never caught one :)

Im not a fan of getting the body signed, at least these signatures are fairly discrete, i wouldn't want an autograph covering the front of my guitar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.