Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the heck, yo!!!

I went to Borders Music and Books today... And went to go look for some Vai albums, and they had STEVE VAI, OUR GOD!! under the classification:

POP. ROCK.

:eek:!!

I mean, what else can we classify Vai as?
Rock?
New Age?

I looked in New Age first, then Rock...... Then ...... The horror!! I found him in Pop Rock.

I'm so disgusted!!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
he is not our god, thats just silly.... please grow up quickly...
and perhaps start some threads that have something to do with the guitar... maybe even JEM type guitars.....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah. I was actually at Border's yesterday looking to buy some Vai albums but I figured they'd be about half that price on Amazon. They put almost everything under the "pop-rock" though, pop, classic rock, alternative rock, new age, metal, etc.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he is not our god, thats just silly.... please grow up quickly...
and perhaps start some threads that have something to do with the guitar... maybe even JEM type guitars.....
I understand that this is JEMSITE, but we frequently talk about things BESIDES JEMS. Most of the people on Jemsite love Steve Vai, and his MODEL GUITAR... If I don't have a Jem, and I don't have any questions about them since everything ABOUT Jems is discussed on here like crazy, excuse me for talking about something ELSE. :roll: I'm not the only one who starts off-topic polls/threads. And this is MUSIC-RELATED. Whatever.

~ Katrina

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I understand that this is JEMSITE, but we frequently talk about things BESIDES JEMS. Most of the people on Jemsite love Steve Vai, and his MODEL GUITAR... If I don't have a Jem, and I don't have any questions about them since everything ABOUT Jems is discussed on here like crazy, excuse me for talking about something ELSE. :roll: I'm not the only one who starts off-topic polls/threads. And this is MUSIC-RELATED. Whatever.

~ Katrina
yeah, and i dont know what to classify vai as... whenever some1 asks what style does vai play im like... uh lol

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What the heck, yo!!!

I went to Borders Music and Books today... And went to go look for some Vai albums, and they had STEVE VAI, OUR GOD!! under the classification:

POP. ROCK.

:eek:!!

I mean, what else can we classify Vai as?
Rock?
New Age?

I looked in New Age first, then Rock...... Then ...... The horror!! I found him in Pop Rock.

I'm so disgusted!!! :mad:
religious discussions are prohibited in jemsite.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Don't worry, Katrina, some of us appreciate the fact that not everyone wants to talk specifically about JEM's and the fact that there's even a female on this site at all. Keep on being yourself.

If it helps, I don't own a JEM, and Steve Vai isn't my god. I'm here because it's a great community, but I'm an 100% RG/J.Custom/Prestige man to the bone.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Don't worry, Katrina, some of us appreciate the fact that not everyone wants to talk specifically about JEM's and the fact that there's even a female on this site at all. Keep on being yourself.

If it helps, I don't own a JEM, and Steve Vai isn't my god. I'm here because it's a great community, but I'm an 100% RG/J.Custom/Prestige man to the bone.
I'm with Dee here, except I am 95% a Les Paul man, and the other 5% a Fender guy.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think it's cool that Jemsite transends beyond the Ibanez Jem and is a community of guitar players as a whole.

Ben

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Ibanez makes great guitars, and Jems are what brought me here but now I am not into pointy guitars, locking trems and untra thin necks. I still point my students to Ibanez any chance I get though. Overall this is a great board, not to start problems but I also post on the Orange forums and those just suck

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I've seen his cds in the pop/rock section too, I notice alot of rock guitar players and bands are classified under pop/rock. :lol:

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Ibanez makes great guitars, and Jems are what brought me here but now I am not into pointy guitars, locking trems and untra thin necks. I still point my students to Ibanez any chance I get though. Overall this is a great board, not to start problems but I also post on the Orange forums and those just suck
I never really thought of the RG or JEM as a pointy guitar. Interesting...

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
pop rock????
Like the candy?

Seriously, it's not like record stores have separate sections for everything, rock is just a catch all category. I'm sure that's where they have everything from Allman Brothers to Ministry to Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza (Best band name EVER). It's nothing to sweat, everything will be ok.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Vai's albums are found in the pop rock section. So? This only tells us that the people who arranged the CD's know nothing about Vai, and that's excusable seeing as Vai isn't really popular. If it really bites your arse so much, then make a complaint to the store. I've seen Lizzie McGuire books found in the 'Horror' section and that doesn't mean that it's actually terrifying. :roll:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.