Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Already pre-ordered it... after seeing the televised show with Vai playing with Netherlands Metropole Orchestra, I can not wait to get the CD. :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Must have been a lot of editing. I was at the concert with the metropole. The orchestra was really struggling through some pieces. Not very tight, some intonation issues here and there..

-Keeps fingers crossed-

·
4,107 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that a little bit too unfortunately. I have to think the musicians weren't nearly as intimately familiar with Steve's pieces as they probably are with their usual fare. Hopefully it can edit out nice though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Already pre-ordered it... after seeing the televised show with Vai playing with Netherlands Metropole Orchestra, I can not wait to get the CD. :)

Ditto! I believe I ordered mine on the first day as well along with the t-shirt....like I needed another one. Something to sleep in maybe. :)

Yea, from the part that I saw I was like, "I hope they make a DVD out of that". Should be pretty cool....different, but cool.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I won the golden ticket too, now I really need to call our venues. Maybe if they get enough ppl calling they will try and book him. Also I got another cd cover too, I think maybe they gave an extra one with the ticket maybe one for use and 1 for signature. Idk my guess :lol:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Ditto here. Snagged a pass in mine, but there's no Denver show scheduled (which is the first Vai tour that hasn't come through here). Weird. Hopefully that'll change :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think the second disc is way more interesting than the first. and that's odd, because he doesn't actually play guitar on the second disc!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sounds great, one thing I was wondering though is, no lotus feet?
I read some where on Vai's site, that the reason why is because it was released on his last album (Real Illusions- Reflections), so he was not going to include it for this CD.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just got my CDs today, and YES - I have the REDish-Sliver Ticket :)

Maybe I will get to drink a beer with Steve again after the show ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts