Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the last two days at the 2006 NAMM Show (Anaheim, CA) and although I am having a great time, I am also somewhat disappointed.
I had read previously on the official NAMM website that Steve Vai would be making his usual appearance there this year.
However, when I arrived at the Hoshino/Ibanez booth I was told that he was not going to be there. Why? They could offer no explanation, actually they themselves were expecting him to be there. So what happened? I could find nothing about it on Steve's official website. It seems like he just blew it off.
Nevertheless, it's a great show. Mr. Malmsteen was there yesterday. Mr. Satriani will be there tomorrow. But no Mr. Vai.
I realize that the chance of him seeing this is less than zero but I just have to ask anyway: Steve, where are you???

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Steve was never planning on attending this year. That's why we didn't put news about it on Vai.com.

The information on the NAMM website was incorrect, and I actually couldn't find it when someone told me it was posted there.

Steve is busy locked away in the studio working on a bunch of great stuff - including the Aching Hunger DVD.

Mikey
vai.com

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
MM said:
If it isn't on Vai.com, then it may not be true.

Mikey :)
vai.com
Yeah I know, but I thought it was a reliable source, like ibanez.com or somewhere that I read it but now that I think about it, it may have been from someone on some other forums attending (who is usually reliable about that stuff!)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I gotta say, i really admire what Steve's doing - he tours quite frequently, goes to NAMM all the time, does promotions and junk like that, and also has a family and kids...that guy can multitask...what a cool rock star :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MM said:
Steve was never planning on attending this year. That's why we didn't put news about it on Vai.com.

The information on the NAMM website was incorrect, and I actually couldn't find it when someone told me it was posted there.

Steve is busy locked away in the studio working on a bunch of great stuff - including the Aching Hunger DVD.

Mikey
vai.com
Thanks for the explanation. The problem was that Steve is incorrectly listed in the "Artist Appearance'" section of the NAMM PLAYBACK supplement which I downloaded from the official NAMM website a few days before the show. So he did not just "blow it off" as I had guessed. I stand corrected on that assumption. NAMM was great as usual, but it seemed just a little less special in his absence. Thanks again for clearing this up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.