Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't come up with anything like this so I thought I'd post it just as a resource for everyone here. The Jemini pedal comes with a manual that has a pretty good illustration of Vai's current live rig.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
WTF is the Light without Heat Novel and for what reason does he need the fender amp? Oh, and doesn't he still use the Eventide harmonizer?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
WTF is the Light without Heat Novel and for what reason does he need the fender amp?
He said in a vid where they were rehearsing for a tour that he wanted a nice clean sound and that is why he uses the fender. I find it funny that he uses a custom pedal for his od sounds and a fender amp for his cleans. I guess that means the carvins just don't cut it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd imagine he's still got some sort of rack since he's got the the tc electronics controller on the floor. G-force maybe? The sketch also doesn't include the tech that's crouched down on side of the rig making sure everything stays glued together.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
He said in a vid where they were rehearsing for a tour that he wanted a nice clean sound and that is why he uses the fender. I find it funny that he uses a custom pedal for his od sounds and a fender amp for his cleans. I guess that means the carvins just don't cut it.
That's really weird since the Legacys are renown for their shimmering cleans, in fact that was the only thing I liked about them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
From what I've heard, he runs the amps wet/dry/wet, with the fender always on clean. Just to beef up the tone. The Fender amp is voiced differently than the Legacys, so it helps fattening the overall tone because it's voicing focuses on different frequencies than the Legacy. And well, I also guess that he likes to have an already distorted signal running into the amp, thus why he uses an od pedal?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
That's really weird since the Legacys are renown for their shimmering cleans, in fact that was the only thing I liked about them.
I went searching for that vid and can't find it. There are quite a few that have been taken down by Light Wihtout Heat something or another. I found the link in post here when ture temperment necks were first discussed.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I found that one too but it is not the one I am talking about. It is the one where he calls the fan the most important part of his rig lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
what is whatever? (item 3), whatever it is!
:confused:
yes, I'd like to know what item 3 is also. Its interesting that despite using the G-system he still uses the old phase 90. Also, if this drawing is at all accurate, he connects the amp FX send to the primary G-system input, something that TC dont list as a 'desirable' configuration. With that connection method the g-system compressor and filter (wah) effects run after the pre-amp stage, which, when configured that way always sound pretty bad on my g-system setup - excessive noise.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I think he ripped off my ideas, as I was using a book of short stories in my signal path back in the 70's. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts