Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is info from a Gannett News article published this past Sunday. Here are the names for the 2006 Hurricane/Tropical Storm season here in the US:

Alberto, Beryl, Chris, Debby, Ernesto, Florence, Gordon, Helene, Isaac, Joyce, KIRK, Leslie, Michael, Nadine, Oscar, Patty, Rafael, Sandy, Tony, Valerie, William.

I don't know if I should be excited about that, but I guess it's kind of neat that my name will be all over the news at some point this summer/fall.

The article also said that in other parts of the world, cyclones (hurricanes) are named after countries or plants. They cite that using a person's name is more impactful when warnings are issued!?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
That's cool one of them is your name, but I don't think you're gonna have to worry too much about tropical storms or hurricanes up in Michigan.

Unlike me down here in FL.

I just flew through one about two weeks ago, and that was unbelievable. My flight initially got postponed, then I flew, and when I landed, we were the last plane they let in, all other flights were being diverted to other airports. The city I landed in that day got 9+ inches of rain that day, and someone even died because of the mass flooding. The news advised everyone to stay inside and not leave the house.

It's crazy. Insurance companies down here are closing up shop. Our office manager has been working since April on trying to get commercial propery and wind insurance, to no avail.

·
Registered
917 Posts
You know if you want to take the good, you're going to have to take the loads of people harrassing you for sharing the name of something that destroyed their whatever.

Edit: If you knew the florence I knew, you'd run for the hills and throw on some headphones.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
YOU GUYS ARE ONE TO TALK!
MY NAME IS KATRINA!!

YEAH!! KATRINA!!!!
HAHAHA!!

*VICTORY!*

I met a bunch of new people this year at school, and when I introduced myself, I was just like, "Hey, I'm Katrina, you know, like the HURRICANE!!" Considering the fact that Hurricane Katrina was MUCHO (big) and it happened just before school got back in... haha!

Yeah, pretty gangster! Woot woot!!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Mr.WizardNeck said:
Hurricane SaladFingers. Giving you rusty silverwear since 2008.
OMG
SALAD FINGERS IS THE GROSSEST BEING IN THE WORLD!
I LOVE IT!!
*hunches over*
*puts hand together*
"My name.. is... saaaaaaaalad... fingerssssss!"

MWA HA HA HA HA!
What you said LITERALLY made me laugh out loud. ROCK ON!!! \m/

·
Registered
711 Posts
omfg, i have never watched anything more pointless, disturbing, or repulsive.

KATRINA. i will get you for pointing the finger to salad fingers! 8!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Jem#5150 said:
omfg, i have never watched anything more pointless, disturbing, or repulsive.

KATRINA. i will get you for pointing the finger to salad fingers! 8!
Brandon, it's not my fault we were on the phone and it was a completley boring conversation so I tried to spice it up with good ol' weebles stuff or whatever it's called. Hey, at least now you know that Salad Fingers has a rusty spoon. hahaha!!

Sorry Brandito. I hope you didn't have nightmares... <3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts