Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen an rg770 in this color? I was looking at buying one from a local store. It looks and plays beautiful. This thing sings and angels rain down from the sky, but the color just seems strange... Im just wondering if anyone has seen a '91 770 that looks like this. the store is asking $600. No major scratches or dings. No rust. No stress cracks around the neck pocket or locking nut. The only thing i can think of is the fretboard might use a little TLC, but other than that its perfect. Also, they will throw the original gig bag in. Good deal?

·
Super Moderator
7,313 Posts
Yep it's all good :)

It's an RG770DXVM

the colour is "Violet Metallic"

And I'd buy that for $600 if it's in as good condition as it looks :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Violet Metallic was a 92-93 color on the 770DX and it's pretty rare. I've been looking for a clean example of one for years. If that 770VM is in good condition and you decide pass on it, let me know! I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I've got two original 1991 770DX's in Laser Blue and Candy Apple... that VM would complete the trio... but alas, they continue to slip through my fingers.

-R

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, i put $200 down on the guitar and i get paid this Friday. By this weekend im going to be a very happy camper.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, i put $200 down on the guitar and i get paid this Friday. By this weekend im going to be a very happy camper.
Yes you most certainly will my friend. Congratulations on that one. Before the economy went south.....last year this would of been $900-1200 easily.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good thing you did on grabbing that one. It`s a hell of a guitar. I paid that exact same price a couple years ago for mine.

Congrats and enjoy it.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts