Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a wierd-ass tele that's just in my way and I'm gonna sell it, but can't identify it...lol In the pocket there's a stamp that says something like CTL-50R and the neck says TL52-55... My assumption is the R is for reissue. But the thing doesn't really have the neck shape of a 50's tele to me... And it's all worn and beat like it is supposed to look old, even though it isn't.

Does any of that ring a bell with any Fender nuts in here? I just don't know anything about them. Hope someone knows. :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would call fender or try the fender board
I've signed up for it...just waiting for my username to get approved. I'm not a big fender guy, so I've never had any reason to cruise around in there. I did last nite, trying some searches but didn't find much.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about some pics?
sure...
It's this thing... I'm wondering if it's even worth 300 bucks...lol I just want it outta the way.
I have some other fenders, but they're older ones and have the stamp in the pockets. This one just has the stamps i posted, but they're not dates...whatever, it'll sit in its case I guess till i figure it out. :)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I don't even think its a real Fender. The body edges look too rounded and the horn on the bass side doesn't look right. Actually the body just looks all kinds of wrong, maybe it's the picture.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't even think its a real Fender. The body edges look too rounded and the horn on the bass side doesn't look right. Actually the body just looks all kinds of wrong, maybe it's the picture.

lol...i think it's the angle of the shot. The sun bleaches out the edges a bit in the picture, but sitting on top of an standard American tele, it lines up better. I took it to a friend mine about an hour ago and he's gonna poke through his book. He said he's seen something like it before, but not with a worn-in kinda neck.

Alot of it has been altered...whoever owned it before me changed the pots and stuff, and the bridge pickup is a Duncan Custom ordered Screamin' Demon for tele. The brass nut on it is also not original...

It's an ok sounding guitar, but coming from the Ibanez/Jackson camp, i'm used to bigger frets and this one just slips out from under me all the time...lol Maybe I'll refret it instead and see if it gets better...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts