Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there! for my next guitar build, I am going to make a strat. and I havent decided on the finish or colors yet and would like your help! What finish is your favorite or would you like to see? I'm thinking rather bright but not necessarily! and ideas are welcome! as well as thoughts on hardware and electronics!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Tobacco is my favorite, with a Mint Green pickguard and pickups. Here's a pic of my '07 Am Dlx Ash Strat in Tobacco Sunburst.

The pic makes it look more washed out than it is, but at least it gives you an idea. I like sunbursts where the finish is translucent all the way to the edges, and the back is also translucent, so you can see the grain everywhere on the body.

As far as solid colors go, I like Snow White Metallic, Pearl White Metallic, Candy Apple Red, and that Candy Tangerine Fender and Charvel offer.

Do you know what kind of fretboard you want? Personally, I'd go for a Quartersawn Maple neck with a Flame Maple or Ebony fretboard and Abalone inlays. (The neck you see on my pictured Strat is a Musikraft in that configuration).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that strat is a beauty! as for neck? i was thinking either maple or rosewood, depends on the body color.

@alwin: hey thanks for the imput, i think im going to go with a color thats not shiny 'metalic' dunno ehy, but i just dont like that kind of finish :\ any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
@alwin: hey thanks for the imput, i think im going to go with a color thats not shiny 'metalic' dunno ehy, but i just dont like that kind of finish :\ any other suggestions?
Uhm, let's see... Rather bright but not shiny metallic... How about Cherry sunburst? It's kinda bright and a bit more 'classic' looking.

You can click on the pic to go to a page where there are hundreds of photos of different Strats. It's worth checking out. :)

Alwin

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.