Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Been playing the Wizard HP neck for about two years now and love it.

Bought a Professional Strat and I just cannot get used to the neck. I cannot seem to find any way to merge the two. Either a Strat with a thin neck, or an Ibanez with all single coil pups.

Thanks!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Making a three single coil RG is simply a matter of making a custom pickguard, the neck and bridge single coils will fit inside the HSH humbucker routs on the body.
Cool project.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Or go to Warmoth and spec a "Wizard" neck. Their Wizard profile if close to an Ibanez profile. you can always sell the stock neck and get at least most of your money back on the Warmoth cost.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Expensive fix, it'll absolutely murder that Strats resale value if he sells the original Fender neck, better to keep it so it can be put back to mint standard condition.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
The Warmoth necks are nice, but you will need to do some fret end finishing and fret polishing to make it ready for prime time. Warmoth stuff is geared a bit more towards builders so it isn't plug and play.

I have a Warmoth "Wizard" neck and it's more like the thickness of an older Jem neck. It's thinner and flatter across the back than a modern Strat neck, but it will still be thicker than a Wizard HP.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Or go to Warmoth and spec a "Wizard" neck. Their Wizard profile if close to an Ibanez profile. you can always sell the stock neck and get at least most of your money back on the Warmoth cost.
i was going to suggest warmoth as well. I have made a couple of warmoth builds over the years and always been supremely happy with them. I highly recommend them and their stuff.

You could always get an older RX model or RT model and throw single coils in it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. So far just deciding on playing a few hundred hours on it then will see what I think. I have so many hours on my wizard that my hands can't compute the neck feeling like a plank of wood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts