Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm trying to change strings on my S470 for the first time, and everything was great until I tried to tighten the high e string. No problems with other strings. No matter how tight I tighten it to the bridge, it always pops out when I try to tune. Any ideas?
It was painful to get the old e-string out, too, had to use much more force than on other strings. B was pretty tight too. The guitar still had factory setup. String are D'Addario EXL120 if that matters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, now, more than an hour and countless tries later it seems to stay in its place. I have no idea what I done different this time, so I'd still be interested in what could've caused this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I might be able to tell you what the cause of that was. What kind of bridge? And where exactly was the string popping out from?

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
It's a ZR or EZ2 bridge, same lock block, very thin spot where you have to position the string to hold and if it's to the side it will never hold. And for some reason those blocks are very hard and don't seem to get a good grip on strings. I've pulled plenty of wound E's out stretching strings. Also the set screw heads round off fairly easy so make sure you're using a wrench that fits really good or I'll be getting an order from you soon.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Also, try to cut ball but KEEP windings next to ball, and put those windings in slot to have more friction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts