Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the String lock screws from a Lo-Pro will fit an Edge-Pro?
or where I can get Edge-Pro screws that are just a bit longer?

The idea here is to be able to use the Lo-Pro Intonation tool on the Edge-Pro Bridge.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
I've been trying for a year to get them to lengthen them. I've thought about having a batch made myself but would much rather just buy a factory part [and have them installed on all future EP's]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the screws from the lo-pro don't fit then?

...p.s. I do NOT have a lo-pro to try the swap myself but I would order the
screws if they fit. Otherwise I might just take a ride to Home Depot with one of my EP screws
& see if they have something that would work.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
People have used regular non machined bolts, I've replaced them in used guitars. It'll work, it's just not the way it's supposed to be. The back of the lock block is formed female to accept the machined tip.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess the machined tip going into the female block keeps things in proper alignment.
My only idea then is to get longer bolts, grind them down on the bench grinder, & use a tap & dye kit to fix the end threads.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi Rich, can you tell me the dimentions of the bolts cuz I have no way of measuring
them. I'm planning to buy a tap & die set so I can "hand machine" my own bolts.
Thanks!
Mike

p.s. there was no info on Ibanez.com :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Rich, can you tell me the dimentions of the bolts cuz I have no way of measuring
them. I'm planning to buy a tap & die set so I can "hand machine" my own bolts.
Thanks!
Mike

p.s. there was no info on Ibanez.com :(
I would pull one of the screws out, head to your local hardware store and find a nut that fits. Get a tap and die of the nut thred size and you're good to go.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, that's what I'll have to do....after the holidays perhaps.
I think Home Depot has a way to measure the threads, then I just need the Die set for that particular size, turn on the bench grinder & go-to-town on 'em :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So sorry for being a P.I.T.A. with this thread but I have another question:

I'm finding "M4 X .7" & "M4 X .8"
Is the .7 a fine thread & .8 a coarse thread?
which one is needed for the EP?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.