Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well. i just bought a triaxis off the bay', and its been 3 weeks now and i havent gotten it. the guy says he did send it. its across borders, so apparently...it might be held at the customs.

what would you do if you were in my situation? i mean, i spent a grand on it, surely im not in the mood to get scammed or anything. or, i dont know whats up with the customs office and why they are holding it in captive. the guy told me he wrote up the forms all according to their requirements.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
nexus66ix said:
well. i just bought a triaxis off the bay', and its been 3 weeks now and i havent gotten it. the guy says he did send it. its across borders, so apparently...it might be held at the customs.

what would you do if you were in my situation? i mean, i spent a grand on it, surely im not in the mood to get scammed or anything. or, i dont know whats up with the customs office and why they are holding it in captive. the guy told me he wrote up the forms all according to their requirements.
Get a hold of customs and ask them why they are holding it.

Regards

André

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
There should be a tracking number for sure, Even if it's just sent mail there will be a tracking number for customs. It'd be rare for it to be held for 3 weeks at Customs, but I have had it happen. Especially if he didn't fill out the forms correctly. Also, if it was sent in the mail, and the value that he declared it at is over $1400 Canadian, you will probably get a letter and you will have to broker it across yourself, this means you'll have to drive to the closest customs office to you and fill out a bunch of forms. If he sent it UPS or Fedex ground there will be a broker fee to pay, usually about $60 plus taxes. If it came express it should have been there long ago and somebody is not being honest about something.
You might be able to find something out by calling your Canada Customs office, but without a tracking number they probably won't be able to tell you anything regarding the shipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.