Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
the OFR doesn't have locking studs therefore, it sucks in my book haha.
Why would you NEED locking studs? I've never had a problem, and I've had Jem, JS, Prestige etc. My guitar with the OFR has the best trem of them all.
Maybe I just lucked out and got a perfect OFR trem.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Why would you NEED locking studs? I've never had a problem, and I've had Jem, JS, Prestige etc. My guitar with the OFR has the best trem of them all.
Maybe I just lucked out and got a perfect OFR trem.
i've owned 2 basswood bodied RG's who have had previous owners who didn't lock the studs down and the stud anchors wobbled like crazy. and even if they aren't, if the studs are not locked they wobble anyway, causing inaccurate return.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Magnificent top. I don't understand why Suhr and other niche makers can put similar together as more or less standard and cover them in the normal (not cheap) bill, while PRS have to make a meal of it and push the price up for a 10 top. Not really a dig at PRS, mind, but an honest question.

Suhr's one of those dream guitars for me. They're not imported here and I don't think I'd chance bringing one out.

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
i've owned 2 basswood bodied RG's who have had previous owners who didn't lock the studs down and the stud anchors wobbled like crazy. and even if they aren't, if the studs are not locked they wobble anyway, causing inaccurate return.
hmmm. different kinds of studs than the 20y/o OFR? Maybe the Ibanez ones have more play?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
hmmm. different kinds of studs than the 20y/o OFR? Maybe the Ibanez ones have more play?
Its not about the stud, its about the wood around it. While technically stud holes in any wood will go oval with years and years of abuse, with soft basswood, locking studs are a no-brainer.

Maybe your OFR equiped body is a harder wood, maybe you dont abuse it much, or maybe you just dont notice. Either way, locking studs are and improvement.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts