Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Modern arrived last week with mahagony neck and body, quilted maple top, stainless steel jumbo frets and Aldrich humbuckers. It plays wonderfully and has the best sustain of any guitar I own. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Of course, I had to do the black sofa pic of my children. :D

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
A-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!!! That color is Autumn redrise, if I'm not mistaking? Wonderful! :)

How long did it take for your guitar to be delivered? Was it like a few months? Also, how much pull-up do you have on the tremolo? :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Beautiful, I'm sure(!) it plays as good as it looks
I love the colour, for years I wanted something similar but with the red by the bridge fading to amber at the cutaways.
What do you call the *burst*, sunrise or sunset maybe?
Jim
(question answered while typing! Doh!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I referred to it as Autumn Redrise when discussing it with Suhr because I have a 7-string in that color which EB built for me, but that is a solid, sparkle finish. Suhr did a great job on this and it's just awesome in person. :)

Myst, the trem arm slides in very snug - so much so that you wouldn't have to screw it on. But once you push it to the bottom, you can then screw it as it has a threaded hole in the end of the trem bar. It's a very secure fit. I requested the rear rout which they called recessed and that gives you some pull-up, but I can't tell you how much it is in terms of intervals. :) It's plenty for me since I'm a trem user, but not abuser.

paul

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
So this is the first ever Autumn redrise Modern? Wow. :)

I've e-mailed the people at Suhr with some questions a few days ago. And they replied almost instantly and were very nice. It's really cool.

This bridge is perfect for me. Double locking trems drive me nuts. lol I don't necessarily have to have tons of pull-up, either. But to be able to pull up a third would be nice. :)

Congratulations, Paul. You must be very very happy now, with a couch full of guitars like that! :)

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Oooh man, that's nice. Nice collection of guitars you got there, and I think we have the same wall color in our house.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
You know, looking at these pics I feel that a neck without inlays wouldn't look that bad, actually. On the Modern. I thought it wouldn't look so good, but it's actually kind of cool.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I have to ask, hope it hasn't been asked, do you prefer it over your Ibanez? Try and think of it with an ibanez trem though so it makes the comparison more even.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts