Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer NAMM starts in less than a week, so I thought it would be interesting to talk about what we (realistically) expect from Ibanez this time around.... other than more black and dark blue guitars.

Of course, there's the rumor about the production 8-string. I'm also interested in seeing variety with the singlecut Artist series guitars. They're very handsome and, IMO, a bona fide LP killer but Ibanez really hasn't been promoting that line very much. http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=ARC300

Anything else?

·
Super Moderator
7,322 Posts
Demiurge said:
Summer NAMM starts in less than a week, so I thought it would be interesting to talk about what we (realistically) expect from Ibanez this time around.... other than more black and dark blue guitars.

Anything else?
Dark brown flame maple tops and dark grey matte finish RGs?... With non-matching headstocks ;)

- you said be realistic :p

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
jono said:
Dark brown flame maple tops and dark grey matte finish RGs?... With non-matching headstocks ;)

- you said be realistic :p
lol, too true.
And who said Ibanez were boring lately colour-choice wise? The word "yawn" springs to mind lately when people mention Ibanez in the same sentence as choice/selection.

Dont get me wrong, I still like Ibanez, but variety-wise they do seem to suck. Other companies on the market seem to be offering more at the moment. For my liking anyway.

What do I expect different from Ibanez this summer? Not a great deal to be honest. Are some extra colours/ideas too much to ask for?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sadly, at this point in time it seems that asking Ibanez for some extra colours/ideas is definitely too much to ask for the.godfather. :(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think we'll see,
*Bland colours.
*Yet more stained tops
*A bigger choice in the sunburst options
*2 new kind of black and a new kind of dark blue.
*The GIO range extended.

I'd like to see,
*More maple necks
*More interesting colours
*More interseting board inlays
*The RG range extended
*The 7 string range extended

The old Ibanez used to rule but the new face of Ibanez sucks. ESP far outshine Ibanez in the "hmm interesting" stakes at the moment.

Ben

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Eggy said:
I think we'll see,
*Bland colours.
*Yet more stained tops
*A bigger choice in the sunburst options
*2 new kind of black and a new kind of dark blue.
*The GIO range extended.

I'd like to see,
*More maple necks
*More interesting colours
*More interseting board inlays
*The RG range extended
*The 7 string range extended

The old Ibanez used to rule but the new face of Ibanez sucks. ESP far outshine Ibanez in the "hmm interesting" stakes at the moment.

Ben
Couldn't agree more. Most important thing though, is definately COLOURS. I can live with rosewood boards, in fact I prefer them cause they look good for longer than maple, but colours is vital now. I'm holding off buying a new Ibanez until I've seen whatever comes up at NAMM. It better be an improvement, I cannot stand black guitars any longer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
-Maple and ebony fretboards
-More Rg models with pickguards
-5A Quilt tops
-More different colours
-Prestige Rg with a vintage trem
-More Prestige S models

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
Deeswift said:
And PLEASE, no more flamed maple tops. AAARRRGGHHH!!
Yea, one flame top Prestige is just all we can handle :roll:

Summer NAMM is about cheap specials for the upcoming season and a spot run or two, usually an existing model with a different inlay or color. Anything more than that would be a great surprise, but, never rule one out.

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
The emoticon is there for a reason. It has a purpose, and I will use it when called for. And it was called for. I'd suggest you grow thicker skin or get used to it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
well, do keep in mind that the jem was first released during the summer namm show in '87. so, we may see something. at least i hope....

1 - 20 of 71 Posts