Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why hasn't Ibanez made a sunburst Jem? Since it isn't the day-glo 80's people might want a traditional look with the quality of a Jem. :?:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I could be wrong, but I highly doubt Steve actually truely has the total say so on the Jem.. that is I bet he has to stay within certian cost limits and such...

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
mmm yeah but if you think about it, the vwh has an expensive inlay, all gold hardware ,ebony board, and it's a production model. i think if steve wanted a guitar with duncans or a fernandes sustainer it may be more complicated because of contracts and stuff.
then again, just a thought, i know nothing about guitar business!

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's a great concept but I think it needs a vine or some pyramids or something. This would make a great 77 model, too (direct mounted pickups with clear pickguard).

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Really a nice version, with amberburst top.
A sunburst Jem would probably be similar to the AT, Andy Timmons signature model. And the AT looks very much like a F*nder. And that's not good, or is it... :?

Regards

Euph

·
Registered
10 Posts
I argee with you guys.. I'm into the custom jem.
I am making one with a 3 tone burst on an ash body with a white pearl pickguard.. I am also making one with a 5a quilt maple top bent over the contour.. I am doing that in either purple or tigerseye with a slight burst.
I have always thought that Ibanez and steve should have done a jem with some vintage qualities.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts