Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wellll.... That depends on why you're buying it. You gotta ask yourself that question... The JPM is no longer even made in any way. Do you play the JPM? The JS1 is really clean... It's hard to see any blemishes since it's white, and it is out of the country... It's even got the thicker horns like a radius before they changed it a bit. Would you plan on playing the JS?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Plus they feel very different. Both have humbuckers... You're not losing any character when it comes with "type" of sound. Do you own a JS already?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the JS will feel and play very differently to the JPM. If you love the JPM I would keep it. The JS... 10" radius, chunkier c shaped strat like neck... No scarf joint for the headstock... The action can easily be at 1-1.5mm at the 12th fret... But a neck radius like that will inherently not be as low. I only mentioned these specifics because you never said you owned a JS or have owned one. If you do... Then I am just full of hot air going on about stuff you would clearly already know lol. While it is a rare and an awesome JS... Specs wise it's the same as a JS1000. And they are much cheaper... And you can from time to time find a white js1000 for a lot less than that! Though the js1 may feel better because it's in the glory days of fujigen.

馃馃馃 Geeking out over here.

Registered
Well the JS will feel and play very differently to the JPM. If you love the JPM I would keep it. The JS... 10" radius, chunkier c shaped strat like neck... No scarf joint for the headstock... The action can easily be at 1-1.5mm at the 12th fret... But a neck radius like that will inherently not be as low. I only mentioned these specifics because you never said you owned a JS or have owned one. If you do... Then I am just full of hot air going on about stuff you would clearly already know lol. While it is a rare and an awesome JS... Specs wise it's the same as a JS1000. And they are much cheaper... And you can from time to time find a white js1000 for a lot less than that! Though the js1 may feel better because it's in the glory days of fujigen.

馃馃馃 Geeking out over here.
You convinced me. It鈥檚 a cool guitar. I actually play it a lot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If there's anyone on here that wants to buy it for a collection!!! Looking at you @OCDemon... (Though knowing you, you probably already have one 馃槅.) That's why I posted it in the first place.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow awesome 馃槻. There's something awesome about a mint Chrome boy... But something just as awesome as a worn and played one. I'd love to see the aging honestly. It would be cool to see the contrast.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts