Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guitar with EMG 81's, and 85's, my question was; Can you switch out emgs and put in humbuckers? Will the socket fit say, dimarzio evo's? Thank you sir.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If by socket you mean the quick connect on the back of the EMGs, then no. To install passive pickups, the entire guitar will have to be gutted, all the pots and switches replaced, and it totally rewired.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Do you really need somebody thinking for you?
Do the math.
Measure your EMG size,go to dimarzio website and see their humbuckers size.
If you don't have a ruler,go to EMG website and see your EMG size.
Got it or do you want me to draw it ?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Do you really need somebody thinking for you?
Do the math.
Measure your EMG size,go to dimarzio website and see their humbuckers size.
If you don't have a ruler,go to EMG website and see your EMG size.
Got it or do you want me to draw it ?
Now honestly is there a reason for the hostility you convey? Jemsite is and has been reducing in threads and general member activity lately and its a direct cause of idiots that post stuff like you. If that's how you talk to people in real life (were you don't have a post count) then it would be no surprise to me if you had no friends, or people just don't enjoy your company.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Now honestly is there a reason for the hostility you convey? Jemsite is and has been reducing in threads and general member activity lately and its a direct cause of idiots that post stuff like you. If that's how you talk to people in real life (were you don't have a post count) then it would be no surprise to me if you had no friends, or people just don't enjoy your company.
Wrong.
I have so many posts helping people with guitars and gear,I post music and news about artists,I helped so many members with recording,mixing technique etc,I have almost 60 reviews so............ only because I replied that way to a dumb question you judged my participation here as.......nothing?
What about you?

Reducing threads is because of dumb questions that add nothing to any community.
I speak everyday to a lot of good members who are tired of lazy people.
What do you prefer a comunity with 1000 dumb questions or a comunity with 100 smart questions that turn into smart discussings etc?
I prefer 2nd option.

Yes that's the way I talk to people in real life when they do a dumb question.I don't want dumb friends,I prefer smart people around me exchanging cool ideas and tastes.

And about calling me by idiot I won't reply cause cowards use name callings behind their keyboards but in real life they...........run.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Im not having a go for replying to the question at hand, there is a nice way to convey a message and a pig headed and for a lack of a better word doosh way to convey said message. Your reply made you look like a doosh and I have no doubt had some effect on the original poster in regards to the thought of the sort of members that we have apart of our community. I would rather people that ask a silly question, receive a nice reply realize to use google on such question and then become and active part of our community then someone that has 1,393 posts, 58 reviews and acts like a doosh.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Im not having a go for replying to the question at hand, there is a nice way to convey a message and a pig headed and for a lack of a better word doosh way to convey said message. Your reply made you look like a doosh and I have no doubt had some effect on the original poster in regards to the thought of the sort of members that we have apart of our community. I would rather people that ask a silly question, receive a nice reply realize to use google on such question and then become and active part of our community then someone that has 1,393 posts, 58 reviews and acts like a doosh.
Idiot,doosh...............gimme more you're almost making me cry!
Instead of name calling me go and help people who need you ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi dude, you were asking for it with title of this post.... come on let's be reasonable. People here in general are nice and they're a cool bunch. Post a decent question and you'll get it answered.

Regards,
Nelson

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nicely said. I've been spending less and less time on Jemsite over the past year precisely because of some of the attitudes of self-proclaimed experts (before anyone gets their pants in a bunch, I'm not referring to anyone in particular). If you dont have a decent reply for someone, simple - don't reply! It takes u just as much effort in typing out something mildly offensive or derogatory as it does to type something polite and useful.

Reminds me of a recent comment made by someone stating that anyone that like modellers 'must have bad ears'. Oh, hang on....

:)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a guitar with EMG 81's, and 85's, my question was; Can you switch out emgs and put in humbuckers? Will the socket fit say, dimarzio evo's? Thank you sir.
Hey there.

I had a guitar with emg's and swapped out the pups for dimarzio Fred and paf pro. It wasn't a big job, cost me around £50 for the labour and parts (excluding the pickups, which i already had). In my case, no additional routing was required, but it did require rewiring, new pots etc.

Best thing would be to take it to a tech and have them give you an idea of effort and cost.

Good luck man!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Reminds me of a recent comment made by someone stating that anyone that like modellers 'must have bad ears'. Oh, hang on....

:)
Interesting...
I saw that post too but that member said "anyone who said modellers SOUND like real amps have bad ears".
EXTREMELLY different of what you read.
"That" member had modellers almost his entire life so he would never state what YOU THINK you read.

;)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Interesting...
I saw that post too but that member said "anyone who said modellers SOUND like real amps have bad ears".
EXTREMELLY different of what you read.
"That" member had modellers almost his entire life so he would never state what YOU THINK you read.

;)
Oh, well that's ok then - That's much more constructive!

OP - good luck with the pup swap - let us know how u get on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.