Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in Japan and consider buying a SV5470 but hesitate between the A (mahogany body + ash top) of F (mahogany body + flame maple top) models.

To your opinion, is there a significant difference in sound between both?
Which model is the lightest? As I'm plagued with recurring back-aches, the guitar's weight is a very important point.

Also, could anyone finally help me understand how the SynchroniZR works? I never liked FR trems, mostly because I always found it hellish to change strings and tune the guitar.
Is it hard to change strings and tune the SV5470?

Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I played around with an SV5470F for a week a couple of months back.

With regards to changing the strings on the SynchroniZR, you simply pull the string through the body like a non-Floyd Rose guitar. There's no need to cut the little nut off the end of the string. Clamp down on the strings with the locking tuners, then start winding. The SV5470 also has a little string cutter tool in each of the winding pegs that automatically cuts the string when you first wind it, so you don't even need to cut them yourself.

In terms of tuning, same as any other Floyd Rose? If I remember correctly, the SynchroniZR was stiffer than the Edge Zero, so that makes it slightly easier to tune.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I currently own SV5470F since A wasn't/isn't available in Thailand.

Strings changing is really simple like TheWorminator said. And tuning stability is really great. First of all, you need to set it up well and it will just fly high with stock pickups!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts