Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got an '03 Jem with an Edge-Pro on it.
I would like to replace it with an original edge.
I know the posts don't line up but, what is involved
in swapping out this bridge?

·
Vendor
26,747 Posts
The stud spacing is exactly the same. What is different is the rounded corners at front edge of the trem rout. The Edge Pro has tines on either side of the knives that are set back, an Edge or Lo Pro have tines that line up with the front edge of the trem. This prevents the trem from even reaching the studs. You have to take the round out of those corners for it to fit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stud spacing is exactly the same. What is different is the rounded corners at front edge of the trem rout. The Edge Pro has tines on either side of the knives that are set back, an Edge or Lo Pro have tines that line up with the front edge of the trem. This prevents the trem from even reaching the studs. You have to take the round out of those corners for it to fit.
Thanks Rich. is it something I'd see when I drop the Edge in? like, I just need to chissel away some wood?

·
Vendor
26,747 Posts
The Lo Pro is 3mm longer than an EP, I'm not aware of any routs that are that tight that has been a problem [although there may be], but it doesn't matter if you can't get the knife edges on the studs without body interference.

You don't chisel or take a screwdriver to it unless you just don't care. You use a small sanding drum or cutting wheel on a Dremel or other high speed type, or even on a drill if you can keep it precise and don't mind taking your time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Lo Pro is 3mm longer than an EP, I'm not aware of any routs that are that tight that has been a problem [although there may be], but it doesn't matter if you can't get the knife edges on the studs without body interference.
so, what needs to happen in order for it to fit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.