Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys!

I wanted to share a swirl from a guy of the Internet I know did. This is a part of the Distortion Pedal (Box) that he is currently working on. I think this is AWESOME!! Love it.... I really love the fine lines and the Microaction is going on there. The color combination and the through shining Metal looks randy as hell!!

What do you think?

grüße
Andreas :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Mail me your phone case and I'll swirl it for you. :D I'm probably going to have to do another swirl for my phone. It's been dropped a few times and the corners and edges are beginning to look like a used guitar with the paint chipped away in some spots. But, phone is protected. I'll probably just retire this cover and get a few others and do many different swirls so I can have one for each month or something. Swirls are so fun. Random artistic joyness! :D

I might have to take an old DOD pedal and do it too. ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Mail me your phone case and I'll swirl it for you. :D I'm probably going to have to do another swirl for my phone. It's been dropped a few times and the corners and edges are beginning to look like a used guitar with the paint chipped away in some spots. But, phone is protected. I'll probably just retire this cover and get a few others and do many different swirls so I can have one for each month or something. Swirls are so fun. Random artistic joyness! :D

Hey courtney!!
Just curious, whats the weirdest item you have ever swirled??
;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Just curious, whats the weirdest item you have ever swirled??
;)

You shouldn't have asked. A dildo. A friend of mine wanted to display it as a gag conversation piece. Obviously, it still looked like a dildo afterwards, but it was "art". She had this long back story about the artist that did it and what it all meant. I don't know...whatever. There's the strangest.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

You shouldn't have asked. A dildo. A friend of mine wanted to display it as a gag conversation piece. Obviously, it still looked like a dildo afterwards, but it was "art". She had this long back story about the artist that did it and what it all meant. I don't know...whatever. There's the strangest.

The spookiest thing is, for some reason knew you were going to say something like that!! Did you take any pics? Hands up who wants to see it!!!
Shouldve had a tag on it that read "what happens when vai touches things" LOL!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i don´t put holes in this swirl ;) . this is the baseplate from the new bass distortion pedal that i build. in few weeks i swirl the topside in the same style. this is of course my first swirl and i can´t show you my second swirl.
not enough posts *ggg*

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The spookiest thing is, for some reason knew you were going to say something like that!! Did you take any pics? Hands up who wants to see it!!!
Shouldve had a tag on it that read "what happens when vai touches things" LOL!!

No. No pics. Didn't really want any pics. I didn't need it as a conversation piece too.

I'd just say "Well the last chick to use it was REALLY funky!"

Nice swirl on the case, dude.

Thanks! Yea, funky is one way of saying it. I would've liked to have been there to see the reactions of people when they saw it. She was having a party and put it out on the table amongst the finger food displayed like it was a piece of art. Funny! It's the kind of thing you do and have a hidden camera so you can tape people's reactions. Easy way of winning the AFV money.

Tell me thats not the back story courtney!! LOL!!!

Yea, she had this long drawn out back story about the artist. Alot of the art this particular artist did went for alot of money. She paid several hundred for this piece. Just on and on.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
i don´t put holes in this swirl ;) . this is the baseplate from the new bass distortion pedal that i build. in few weeks i swirl the topside in the same style. this is of course my first swirl and i can´t show you my second swirl.
not enough posts *ggg*

What kind of paints did you use for your swirl on this pedal? Looks like the green might be a metallic green? Looks cool. I'd like to see this when it's finished.

·
Banned
2,575 Posts

courtney what do you think of those w580i walkman phones ???.i bought my son 1 and it started doing strange things after a few weeks ie songs disapearing then after you switch phone on and off they appeared again,yes i know sounds stupid lol a few other things were happening aswell.he hasnt got it now he forgot to take it out of his coat pocket and his mother washed the coat with phone in,the phone is no more lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts

What kind of paints did you use for your swirl on this pedal? Looks like the green might be a metallic green? Looks cool. I'd like to see this when it's finished.

This is the trick ;)
i use the metal from the box for the metallic effect.
it´s just normal paint + the blank metal.

i did now my third swirl, if you are interested Kurac will post the pics soon.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

I've had absolutely no issues with the phone. I had heard some stories about people having issues with the buttons breaking, but I haven't. I love my phone! :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This is the trick ;)
i use the metal from the box for the metallic effect.
it´s just normal paint + the blank metal.

i did now my third swirl, if you are interested Kurac will post the pics soon.

Yea, I'd like to see the 3rd one.

The way the pic was taken I couldn't really tell if the green had metal flake in it or what. Cool!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts