Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
they are all listed as having sz designed pickups i belive that even the 2020 or whatever the prestigue model is comes with the duncan designed pickups.

As for verification of the models, you'd be better off contacting seymour duncan.

·
Registered
25 Posts
jra2217 said:
they are all listed as having sz designed pickups i belive that even the 2020 or whatever the prestigue model is comes with the duncan designed pickups.

As for verification of the models, you'd be better off contacting seymour duncan.
The SZ2020 comes with Duncan manufactured pickups as opposed to Duncan designed pickups manufactured by Ibanez, which is what the lesser SZ models have.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
The stock pickups on the SZ320MH are not very good. IMO. They sound muddy and the pole peices in mine actually move in and out without turning them, just push on them and they move. That can't be good.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Mine got replaced with a DiMarzio PAF Joe in the neck and a DiMarzio Super Distorion in the bridge for a nice balance. Tried a Tone Zone in the bridge but came out muddy sounding because of the mahogany body.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Jack Secret said:
Mine got replaced with a DiMarzio PAF Joe in the neck and a DiMarzio Super Distorion in the bridge for a nice balance. Tried a Tone Zone in the bridge but came out muddy sounding because of the mahogany body.
I put a PAF Pro in the neck of my SZ720, and a Super Distortion at the bridge. Killer combo with the selector switch wired so both humbuckers are active in the middle position.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.