Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating over which one to go with. I definitely like the looks of the 720 more (the inlays, binding and bridge) but does anyone know how the quality of it stands up to the prestige sz2020? Now that I own a prestige guitar, I can really tell the difference from say, a middle range guitar. I'm not a fan of that MM1 bridge either as I like the look of the strings going right into the guitar. Hopefully I'll have a change to try them out but music stores around here aren't known for carrying high end ibanez guitars but for now I was just hoping for some opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
the SZ2020 presents a different playing feel over the SZ720. i was a skeptic when i first tried the guitar but it turned out put to be a stellar player. the 2020 has a satin-type finish which i really like because it gets less sticky over prolonged play, compared to the lacquer-finished 720.

the 2020 sports a Gibraltar Custom bridge which is similar to the Mike Mushok model. even the Mike Mushok model names it as a Gibraltar unit, so it's not an MM bridge, technically.

all the SZ series i tried- 320/ 520/ 720 has a superb construction, fit & finish per se.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts