Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys someone on a fb ibanez group is stating this...

“We all know that J. Craft Team has been and is the most prestigious luthier team in Ibanez Japan throughout its history.
We have all heard about them.
We also all know that some Prestige are prepared by them, that's why J. Craft Team makes it very clear in the hardcase, in the documents and in the interior accessories.

What are your thoughts?

·
Vendor
26,527 Posts
"Team J Craft" was a marketing slogan, and a good one. The "team" that builds the guitars was absolutely the same "team" that built them before the slogan, and is still the same "team" building them today, long after they've dropped the slogan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah and with massive improvements since they dropped the slogan, the T J Craft era Jem 7Vwhs had an awkward neck profile no player friendly shape to it at all. Since 2010 they have corrected that into a great playing C slim shaped maple neck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I purchased my first JC last year and all I can say it will be my last. Compared to the quality of the prestige/premium, I don't see the JC as worth the cost difference. But then again I'm not touring and just fiddle farting around so what do I know. I only like the switching in mine but that is about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is REALLY interesting for me to hear! It's very clever on Ibanez's part to market an existing team as being very exclusive etc, then they can slide in an upcharge with very little pushback.

I was in the understanding for a good while it was a different deal as well...but it's just the "pre-prestige" group. Well, int 20yrs people will be asking more for it any we will all be shouted down. That's the frustrating part.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah and with massive improvements since they dropped the slogan, the T J Craft era Jem 7Vwhs had an awkward neck profile no player friendly shape to it at all. Since 2010 they have corrected that into a great playing C slim shaped maple neck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts