Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tele project I've been working on. Alder body, maple fretboard, arctic white finish, Fender Original Vintage pickups. This guitar is SO resonant it's not even funny. I did my first fret level with this one too. It turned out great.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No Tele love on Jemsite.....

I removed the decals. I tried making one with my own name but I didn't like how it looked so I made a new Fender decal (larger) and left off the custom shop one.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Very nice. That turned out great. How does she sound?

I have started GASsing this past year for a Tele with binding.

The decals looked fine. I think it is a nice touch to have the Custom decal on it.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
looks great, how do you like that wilkinson bridge?
I have one for my project Tele, but Im waiting for the neck still.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's beautiful, man...I've never tried out a Tele but it seems like it would be nice to have. I would definitely love having one that looks like that. :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments.

Screamendemon
It sounds nice. Very warm for a tele. Still lots of spank but not as shrill as some teles I've played.

David
Not Warmoth. Actualy orderd from Canada, made overseas I think. Worked out good though.

Elcid
Not sure about the bridge man. I don't think I can get the intonation perfect with it. I mean it's a tele so if it's not 100% perfect so what but I'm kind of wishing I had bought the super nice Joe Barden bridge I first had my eye on. (http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/joebarden/bridge.html) I might flip these saddles over and see how it works out like that. They are just plain round brass on the other side.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the neck and body from these guys in Vancouver. http://diyguitars.net/index.aspx . Even cheaper priced from the bay. (B stock maybe?)
Be aware though that the parts I got needed some work to get together. Great deals for someone who has some luthier type skills. Not for someone who hopes to simply buy and slap together and play. I had to plug and drill new holes, fret level, stuff like that. The neck even arrived with rust on the frets. Lots of it. Of course it was no big deal to take care of, the finish is very nice and in the end it turned out great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Beauty job on a pretty Tele, Rotti. Nice!

I've got a stock Peavey Reactor USA made Tele copy that I'm dying to make into a poorman's Hamer T-51.

A T-51 comes up on that auction site once every couple months, but I've only ever seen one in Vintage Orange with a black Bakelite pickguard, which I fell in love with the first time I saw one.

So, I'm gonna turn my blk w/white pickguard into the orange/blk combo. Stick some DiMarzio Virtual T pups in it, some Kluson looking Gotoh locking tuners and voila! Affordable T-51.

Oh, did I mention that your Tele is purty?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts