Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I never thought I'd get away with it, but...

The three Texas Prestige models - from right to left PR-1, PR-2 & PR-3
Just had to share! They are incredible instruments!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They are fine looking RG's indeed!!!!! I wonder why the PR-1 hasn't got the 'abalone' type binding/edging of the other two. Great looking guitars though, all three of them. I'd hate to have to only choose one (looks like you solved that problem though 'Mark DY', lol).

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coming from you Brent that's a huge compliment! Yeah, I know where your old one is and tried to pry it free without luck. So I got this one!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Very impressive! I miss the PR-1 already!
TL

FYI: I just noticed that the neck pickup in the PR-1 and PR-3 are flipped with respect to classic humbucker mounting (adjustable poles next to the neck).

·
Registered
79 Posts
nice guitars no doubt!

i believe i remember seeing 2 of these 3 models for sale on tha bay (although i could be wrong, as i tend to drink memory away from time to time lmfao).

congrats on the collection.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TLCguitars said:
FYI: I just noticed that the neck pickup in the PR-1 and PR-3 are flipped with respect to classic humbucker mounting (adjustable poles next to the neck).
Hmmmmm.... nice catch. I think the neck pup is flipped and should be the other way. Not sure it really matters.

Should you play 'em or case 'em?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mark DY said:
Hmmmmm.... nice catch. I think the neck pup is flipped and should be the other way. Not sure it really matters.
The Petrucci models all had the neck pickup that way, that was the direction the pickups were designed to go.

It does look a tad unusual, though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice instruments, PR3 is the best. The others are too "shiny", especially that silver binding, no no.

The big action site e--- has interesting custom RG.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts