Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
I normally go to FoS but wasn’t able to due to family circumstances this year.

As a Subaru enthusiast, this year was a great year at FoS, even though I was hoping the new STI would be unveiled, when it actually got cancelled completely.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also thought it was cool to see cars that had been perpetual prototypes for 5 years presented as finished. I'm thinking of the Mercedes Benz AMG One and Aston Martin Valkryie. I don't expect to ever see one in real life but it is nice to know it's possible.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I normally go to FoS but wasn’t able to due to family circumstances this year.

As a Subaru enthusiast, this year was a great year at FoS, even though I was hoping the new STI would be unveiled, when it actually got cancelled completely.
We don’t need any new STI’s. At least not in my line of work :) (y)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I’m just not into cars anymore. Was once. Now my son is into cars. His new Camaro is in my garage. It’s going to be there for 3 years. I kinda wished he would sell it. But there it is. He couldn’t take it to Europe with him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's the motorcycle curse... Once you get into bikes and riding, anything with 4 wheels just loses some of it's luster. Just my 2c...
Well, it depends. Once you get into light cars that are really quick in tight corners, you may not want to go back to motorcycles. I wouldn't want to swap my Caterham for a bike.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Waiting for the next flex to come along saying, neither cars nor bikes compare to skydiving or full contact underwater skateboarding or what have you ;)
Sorry... Did not mean to derail the post or be a troll. 🙏 I just knew from prior conversations that 3bolt79 is a bike rider. Different strokes for all!

I am fairly poor, so I can afford toys like a 2005 CRF450R with an Athena 490cc kit to race flat track ($3k 4yrs ago) and a 2002 TTR250 for hare scrambles ($850 w/dirty carb, lol). I wonder how much some of the fast cars in the video cost? Amazing technology and R&D in them... Would be an exhilarating ride, for sure!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts