Don't know about JEM, but the case that came with my JC8670BX was tragic! It was disgrace! Thick, soft, fragile and heavy.RG3120 said:I currentl bought a jem in beijing its a Jem7vwh. and i was just wander if the case is good enough for a flight case..cause i really dont want get it damaged by plane. and if possible..tell me if i can use it as a carrying on baggage. thanks dude
Unless you have your own plane :lol:.jem7vwh said:First- your case is not good enough to withstand a pissed off luggage handler.
1. Always ask to carry it on- if it's particularily nice (JEM, J-Custom, etc), you can usually get special treatment.
2. If they say you'll have to check it, tell them you'd like to have a flight attendant check it at the gate.
3. When you arrive at the gate, ask again if you can carry it on.
4. If you can't carry it on, ask the attendant if they can store it up front with them. There is typically a tall vertical closet that can hold umbrellas, coats, guitars, etc.
5. Finally if all else fails, allow the attendant to hand check the case. If they have to check it, you know it will at least get slightly better treatment and potentially less crushed placement in the plane.
Honestly though, flying with gear is a total bitch.