Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm sitting here board and getting all sorts of ideas that I cant afford, but will find a way to, and I have an idea for a guitar since I want a strat, and something I can swirl

A custom made Jem style body with a fixed bridge and routed for 3 single coils and strat style controls, with a custom 22 fret ebony fretboard with a reverse Ibanez style headstock.

I know there are companies here that do this kind of work, has anyone used them for a whole guitar instead of just a neck or body? If so, what is your opinion of the final product.

Thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
I really wanted to try one of those Carvin BOLT kits, I've read some great reviews, and for about $425 complete its a real bargain.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I know this is a thread jack, but I love the Carvin bolt-ons. I've got an old Ibanez S430 - 3 singles (stocks replaced with Dimarzio Brian Mays), non-locking trem Saber - that I recently swapped out the original super thin wizard (too thin for that guitar IMO) for a maple Carvin bolt-on, and it's absolutely sweet! It feels amazing, and I really dig the look too. You can get just the necks off the bay for relatively cheap, or direct from Carvin for only $150 or so.

I was always a fan of Carvins from a distance, but in the last couple of years I've been able to get a couple, and I love them. I still prefer my Jap Ibanez's, but Carvin is giving them a run for the money now.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You know its funny because I had made my mind up that I wanted to build a BOLT kit, and then they released the 20th RG lol. I've built several guitars from the ground up over the years and I really want to try another with some good quality parts. Guess the bolt kit goes on the Christmas list now...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts