Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I said forgotten what I mean't was will Ibanez continue to release new Jems every couple of years or will they retire it for good?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I would imagine as long as Steve is an endorsee they will continue with it.

And as long as the guitar is still profitable...they'd probably continue anyway....as proved by the guitars that have "deceased endorsees"!

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
i wish they would stop making 7vwh,so the price would go sky high.mines a 2001 ebony,do ibanez still make 7vwh with ebony board ???.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
The numbers the vwh has been made in compared to other Jems will probably prevent prices of them ever going sky high!

Except fo Evo or course :wink:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think this was kind of brought up in the "Life after Steve Vai" thread. I think you'll see the old black and white Jems for a while. If something happens to Steve (heaven forbid!) I think Ibanez would do a few more releases like what Dean does with the Razorback. I don't think Ibanez would be as tacky, though, and release so many models.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Food for thought...
I play Jems, not because of Steve Vai, but because it's a GREAT guitar. In fact, I consider them the best tool for my craft. Period! And I absolutely LOVE the way they look. And I'd be willing to bet that a lot of Jem players out there feel the same.

So, the short answer: As long as Ibanez keeps making a profit on them, they'll keep making them. And I'm sure Steve will be there to offer up suggestions as long as the paychecks keep coming in the mail as well. :wink:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Food for thought...
I play Jems, not because of Steve Vai, but because it's a GREAT guitar. In fact, I consider them the best tool for my craft. Period! And I absolutely LOVE the way they look. And I'd be willing to bet that a lot of Jem players out there feel the same.
Well.....you just won that bet here :wink:

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
They'll probably get more and more dull and less and less like what Steve actually plays on stage.

What? Someone was going to say it :mrgreen:

Seriously though, although the 20th was an outrageous looking thing (best and mildest way to put it) I think the days of seeing something NEW that is on a par (visually) with the original DY/LNG/SK is long gone. We'll likely see more and more 'mature'-looking Jems like the current VBK. The only way I can see that changing would be if some new young guitar player made it big that just so happened to play a Jem and got an endorsement deal, carrying on the legacy of the Jem.

I honestly thought the man to do that would been Justin Hawkins formerly of the Darkness, but it seems his time has passed. So who is going to carry the torch? I don't know.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The only way I can see that changing would be if some new young guitar player made it big that just so happened to play a Jem and got an endorsement deal, carrying on the legacy of the Jem.

I honestly thought the man to do that would been Justin Hawkins formerly of the Darkness, but it seems his time has passed. So who is going to carry the torch? I don't know.
I'd do it, but I'm not very good! Plus not that young either :(

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
i think the days of the flashy looking jems dy fp ect,all long gone that was 80s fashion guitars.although 7vwh is a flashy looking tool thats the best you going to get today.i would love to see a new model of the dy with a maple vine neck (wishfull thinking).

1 - 20 of 62 Posts